Thanks Meter: 1

By NominalValue, Junior Member on 1st February 2012, 02:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th August 2015, 09:23 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsandfloats

@acadoid: Is there any capability to bookmark pages within LectureNotes notebooks? Some of my notebooks are hundreds of pages long and it'd be really useful to be able to define and quickly navigate to pages that I've identified as the most important. Thanks as always for your fantastic application and for being such a responsive developer!

BTW, I noticed one of your reviewers on Google Play mention that device rooting is required to cloud synch LectureNotes notebooks via a 3rd party app. Thats not true. I use an application called FolderSync on my unrooted Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 to do a nightly incremental cloud backup of my notebook files (~30gb at this point) and it works great. Just thought I'd mention that here in case anyone else had the same misconception.

Wingsandfloats - would you mind doing a step by step guide on how to do a back up without rooting? I have been having trouble doing this since my Note 8 was upgraded to KitKat and lost the ability to save to my SD card. I know it's possible to use that SD card, but I just haven't been able to figure out how. Note I also have the Note 10 (2014), so your description on how to back up would be a great help! I am unable to root since I also use the tablet for work, and they don't allow rooted devices.
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

8th August 2015, 10:20 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@kisrita I'd be happy to write up a step-by-step, but I'm studying for medical school board exams I'm taking at the end of this month, so it may need to wait until early September. The basic gist is that your "Storage->App directory setup" should be set to a sub folder of /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes. Mine is set to /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes/my_data/AppStorage. I then setup a folder pair within the FolderSync app with the local folder set to the LectureNotes app directory (e.g. /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes/my_data/AppStorage) and the remote folder to a DropBox folder I created. With the KitKat SD card restrictions, FolderSync can't write to, but can read from the /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes directory, so all is good for backup purposes. Once I have more time in September, I'll put together a step-by-step guide. In the meantime, I hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wingsandfloats For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2015, 01:21 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Export to Evernote - Tags
Hi. One of the things I love about Lecture Notes is the ability to export to Evernote. One problem I have tho' is adding tags during the export process.

I select to export to Evernote.

The green elephant circle appears at the bottom of my screen.

I tap on this to select the Evernote notebook I want it exported to.

I then select some other tags from my dropdown list.

Click on the elephant to complete the export.

When I check in Evernote the note is exported to the correct book but the additional tags aren't added - any ideas?

Thanks!
22nd August 2015, 02:05 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 723

Donate to Me
More
@pgibby081965: Whether or not tags are included into the Evernote export is controlled by the corresponding option in the `Export to Evernote setup´ in LectureNotes' export settings.
24th August 2015, 02:46 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, Thanks for that. I can see where you mean. How do I get it then to add the selected tags for each individual note? E.g, when I export, the magic elephant appears & then I can select the notebook to export it to and also select any additional tags - i.e tags that already exist in Evernote.

Thanks
26th August 2015, 03:35 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 723

Donate to Me
More
@pgibby081965: The option in LectureNotes controls which tags are included into the data that is handed over to the Evernote app (the `magic elephant,´ as you call it) via the `TAG_NAME_LIST´ extra field in the `com.evernote.action.CREATE_NEW_NOTE´ intent (cf. https://dev.evernote.com/doc/article...id_intents.php). What the Evernote app does with this data is decided by the Evernote app based on the options you choose therein. I do not use any cloud services myself, so that I cannot help any further with your question, I am sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)