By snooze1973, Junior Member on 20th May 2014, 10:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2015, 04:10 AM |#11  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Unhappy Black screen but charging led lights up
I am experiencing the same issue.
I bought a dead moto g for part replacement with my current moto g. Just out of curiosity, I plugged in the charger to the newly arrived moto g and observed the similar behavior.

To go further, I swapped the battery and tried to turn it on, and voila, it boots!! It has C-ROM. But it won't charge the battery any how. Its again back to
original behavior : No Screen, No Battery Charging, Only notification LED glows. I kept it on charger for whole night, but no luck.

The notification LED turns on even if I the battery is removed and charger is plugged in. What does that really mean?

Is there a probability that the charging circuit is broken? or it has something to do with bootloader, C-ROM and custom kernel? Does any one thinks reverting back to Stock ROM will help out in any way?

27th February 2015, 08:32 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unhappy Same here...
Exactly the same with my little brother his Moto G 4G (1st gen) (stock rom, BL unlocked & rooted).
Solid white LED when plugged in, no other response.

The most advertised trick does not work (step 6: flashboot screen doesn't show up)
Quote:

Q28: Moto G will not power up (addition to Q16 and Q25)

1. Plug it into the charger
  2. Hold the VOL DOWN key
  3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key
  4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds. This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes.
  5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.
  6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted
  7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.
If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:
  • Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.
  • Proceed to Step 2 above.

(source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537119)

It has been an hour on the charger of my Asus T100 Tablet (5V, 2A). Still no luck...

Due to the lack of other solutions, I guess all our phones are ready for RMA...

Update: an overnight charge on a 5V 1A charger did the trick. White led was gone this morning, booted normally.
Last edited by JoWannes; 28th February 2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Update
26th August 2015, 06:18 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWannes

Exactly the same with my little brother his Moto G 4G (1st gen) (stock rom, BL unlocked & rooted).
Solid white LED when plugged in, no other response.

The most advertised trick does not work (step 6: flashboot screen doesn't show up)

(source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537119)

It has been an hour on the charger of my Asus T100 Tablet (5V, 2A). Still no luck...

Due to the lack of other solutions, I guess all our phones are ready for RMA...

Update: an overnight charge on a 5V 1A charger did the trick. White led was gone this morning, booted normally.

i hv been facing the same problem since past 2 days, it was working gud wen suddenly it went bad. i remember using it and putting it back into my pocket & after like 10 mins wen i tried to open it, it didn't respond. i tried to hard reset it (by pressing vol down n power button) & by forced reset but it didnt work. now, i have put it on charge on a source of 5v 1A charger. i hope it works and works well. now my question is that i remember my cell was nearly 50% charged wen all of ds happened, so i wish to know that is dre some hardware problem or dead battery problem?? thnx in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread