[APP][4.0+][ROOT] Flashify

Search This thread

flaming_monocle

Aug 23, 2015
When I try to download the latest Gapps package, Flashify starts "checking file integrity" and doesn't stop. We're at 43 minutes and counting on my Asus Zenfone 2 (just installed Cyanogenmod, trying to get Gapps working). Trying to access the gapps package by using a .zip on my phone and selecting it through Flashify just makes the app crash (blackscreen). Is this just me, or has anyone else dealt with this?

Mike B.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
When I try to download the latest Gapps package, Flashify starts "checking file integrity" and doesn't stop. We're at 43 minutes and counting on my Asus Zenfone 2 (just installed Cyanogenmod, trying to get Gapps working). Trying to access the gapps package by using a .zip on my phone and selecting it through Flashify just makes the app crash (blackscreen). Is this just me, or has anyone else dealt with this?

A lot depends on exactly what is in that "latest Gapps package" (a flashable ZIP?), which custom recovery (TWRP? CWM?) you have, etc. Make sure your file wasn't corrupted during download (check its MD5 if provided). Does the file flash correctly when invoked directly from recovery?

flaming_monocle

Aug 23, 2015
A lot depends on exactly what is in that "latest Gapps package" (a flashable ZIP?), which custom recovery (TWRP? CWM?) you have, etc. Make sure your file wasn't corrupted during download (check its MD5 if provided). Does the file flash correctly when invoked directly from recovery?

Flashable zip, TWRP, it isn't corrupted, and I didn't have to try. Turns out it took two hours to finish, but then it worked fine. I don't know why it took so long, but it works.

Mike B.

Nov 17, 2011
/
I really want to try the features, but after I installed it, the "Disclaimer" popup makes me stop the next step...:(

The initial disclaimer merely reminds you that flashing any file in any manner on any device can possibly get you in trouble, and that @cgoliner doesn't want you to expect that he'll buy you a new phone if you flash the wrong kernel or lose your data. That's just plain common sense.

Fortunately, you are on XDA Developers where 6.7 million users can help you make sure you're using the right files if you simply ask or read the instructions. If you're still worried, make another backup first, or don't use Flashify at all, but if you try flashing from your custom recovery you'll face the very same issues. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cgollner

Mike B.

Nov 17, 2011
/
@cgollner this app doesn't seem to work in my rooted Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE550ML) no matter what. Just freezes as soon as you open the app. Please fix this issue.

There's no guarantee that Flashify will work on ALL devices with ALL firmware and ALL root methods, but what is certain is that nobody will be able to identify your specific problem unless you provide at least some basic logs and a hint of which Android version and root you use... ;)

Lhan13

Sep 8, 2015
I've tried this app Yesterday,
installed PhilZ Touch on Acer Iconia B1A71,
everything went ok, at the end, Reboot.
but now my problem is my tablet cannot boot, stays on Acer logo or 5 seconds then of automatically.
try to go recovery, cannot.
try to go fastboot, cannot
try to go clean, cannot.
try flash tools, when clicked download and connect the usb, after 2 seconds disconnects.
anybody care for a Help? please. :(

Mike B.

Nov 17, 2011
/
I've tried this app Yesterday,
installed PhilZ Touch on Acer Iconia B1A71,
everything went ok, at the end, Reboot.
but now my problem is my tablet cannot boot, stays on Acer logo or 5 seconds then of automatically.
try to go recovery, cannot.
try to go fastboot, cannot
try to go clean, cannot.
try flash tools, when clicked download and connect the usb, after 2 seconds disconnects.
anybody care for a Help? please. :(
Just because Flashify was able to successfully write the image file you gave it doesn't mean that it was the correct file for your device, unfortunately. If you flashed the wrong file, you may have damaged more than just the recovery partition and you may have to restore the entire system or at the very least the bootloader. I know support for your tablet is limited but try to seek advice wherever you found that recovery file where someone familiar with the B1 series can presumably help you.

Reactions: Lhan13

Lhan13

Sep 8, 2015
Just because Flashify was able to successfully write the image file you gave it doesn't mean that it was the correct file for your device, unfortunately. If you flashed the wrong file, you may have damaged more than just the recovery partition and you may have to restore the entire system or at the very least the bootloader. I know support for your tablet is limited but try to seek advice wherever you found that recovery file where someone familiar with the B1 series can presumably help you.

Thank you very much.
Still trying to look in some forums for answers, if i can see i will share in here for future use.
if until 5th day still no success i will try go on some shops for repair if they can.
but for know i will still try. Thanks again.:fingers-crossed::good:

Do you have unlocked bootloader? As I know there is no possibility to flash recovery/kernel wothout unlockong it, at least now (probably never).
Are You able to flash kwrnel using recovery? If not maybe Your device has no access to kernel/recovery/fotakernel partitions other way than fastboot, so You wont be able to use this app. Older devices - im sure about 2011 Xperias, maybe 2012 and some 2013 too doesnt have access to that partition from device (only access is using fastboot) - , so on them this app wont work.

Sent using C6833 - AICP/GreatDevs

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA folks,

I present to you Flashify. My new tool app to help you easily flash and backup your stuff!

With this app you will be able to easily flash boot.img, recovery.img and also .zip files.
    To flash .img files, you won't even need to have a custom recovery. Just flash and reboot.

To flash .zip files, you'll need a custom recovery. If you have TWRP you will also be able to wipe cache, dalvik and data.

To help you keep track of your flashing, the app has a recents list, which you can access to quickly flash again.

You can also backup/restore boot and recovery. You will be able to choose between Sdcard and cloud (Dropbox). If you choose Dropbox,
    the app will automatically synchronize your backups between devices and installs/uninstalls.

Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify. Any other app that opens files will also work with Flashify, seamslessly, for the best user experience.

Please let me know if you have another device, and if it is working or not.

Play Store link

framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-16-36.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-16-49.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-17-18.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-12-22-33-52.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-18-17.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Flashify, App for the Android General

Contributors
    cgollner

Version Information

Created 2013-11-13
    Last Updated 2014-10-16
    OK, that makes me feel bad.. gonna think about it!

You wrote Flashify, you're not allowed to feel bad! ;)

Realistically, Flashify is not an app that anybody needs to stare at for extended periods of time and making it "prettier" should probably not be much of a priority. I know that "material design" is a trendy discussion topic these days, but its relevance to many utilities is questionable. As long as Flashify does what it's supposed to do and does it well, there might not be any obvious reason to lose sleep over how cute its UI should look. Keep up the good work, whether it's holoed, materialized or cgolinered... ;)
    I'll try to make TWRP and PhilZ downloads work again ASAP.
    Flashify v1.9.2:
    1 - Fixed backup issues on Marshmallow
    2 - Download stock kernel/recovery for Nexus 5X and 6P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify
    working on LG L7 P700
    nice work!

Awesome! Glad to know that it works on other devices as well!

Awesome work! Hate to thread jack but what is that keyboard?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Haha, no problem. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey