FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][KK] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (GT-S7560M) - Updated 11/14/2014

345 posts
Thanks Meter: 580

By jonypx09, Senior Member on 8th March 2014, 03:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th August 2015, 10:02 AM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noquierouser

Oh, I remember have tried a CM11 ROM for S7562 that had working Bluetooth, but I ditched it because it has issues regarding the dual SIM. I'll try this kernel and tell if I have any issues.

Hi noquierouser,

Have you tried the S7562 kernel yet ? Does it fix Bluetooth or not ?

26th August 2015, 11:26 AM |#1022  
Flag Halle
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breversa

Hi noquierouser,

Have you tried the S7562 kernel yet ? Does it fix Bluetooth or not ?

It cant fix bluetooth because the rom also needs heavy modification to make it work.

Nevertheless you should try the kernel.

There is some usability improvement over the kernel that ships with your cm11 rom.

-otg support
-safe OC boots with 1008MHz then OC from performance menu
-frequencies chosen in performance menu now stick because of disabled sec_dvfs
-OC steps 1152 - 1228 - 1305
-and more minor things

The base is same as --> BA2X_2.0 by @Codename13 and @jonypx09

as the kernel is patched for working bluetooth depending on a patched cm11 rom there might occur errors on S7560 devices without modified rom.
Would be cool if you try it and report back.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to KlinkOnE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2015, 11:41 AM |#1023  

More
I'm sorry I did not understand correctly.

I'm specifically looking for a Bluetooth fix, as the phone is not mine, and I can't promise to be able to test other features. The sticky frequencies in performance menu look great though, I hope they can improve the battery life.
26th August 2015, 12:00 PM |#1024  
Flag Halle

More
Quote:

I'm sorry I did not understand correctly.

I'm specifically looking for a Bluetooth fix, as the phone is not mine, and I can't promise to be able to test other features. The sticky frequencies in performance menu look great though, I hope they can improve the battery life.

As i mentioned some posts earlier the developer of the rom or someone else needs to modify the kernel and the rom according to this guide.
The developer of the s7562 cm11 rom m4jonez has already done the hard work and partially uploaded to github.
The rest can be picked from my github.
For an experienced person it is rather easy to do this for s7560(m) too.

The rom needs to be rebuild there is no other way.

Dont expect any improvements regarding battery-life.
Last edited by KlinkOnE; 26th August 2015 at 12:05 PM.
26th August 2015, 12:22 PM |#1025  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlinkOnE

As i mentioned some posts earlier the developer of the rom or someone else needs to modify the kernel and the rom according to this guide.
The developer of the s7562 cm11 rom m4jonez has already done the hard work and partially uploaded to github.
The rest can be picked from my github.
For an experienced person it is rather easy to do this for s7560(m) too.

The rom needs to be rebuild there is no other way.

Dont expect any improvements regarding battery-life.

Thank you for that information.

Indeed, the guide seem awesomely detailled. I have however no experience in Android/ROM development (I mostly do bug report, and am trying to update apps on f-droid.org)…

Why is there no improvement to expect ?
IIRC, the min frequency does not stick, and resets to max frequency, so I would think it generates a lot of useless power drain.

If min frequency now sticks, the CPU can slow down when not in use, hence saving power… or not ?
26th August 2015, 01:00 PM |#1026  
Flag Halle

More
Quote:

Thank you for that information.

Indeed, the guide seem awesomely detailled. I have however no experience in Android/ROM development (I mostly do bug report, and am trying to update apps on f-droid.org)…

Why is there no improvement to expect ?
IIRC, the min frequency does not stick, and resets to max frequency, so I would think it generates a lot of useless power drain.

If min frequency now sticks, the CPU can slow down when not in use, hence saving power… or not ?

Wait are you using performance governor?
Then your explanation would make sense. In this case thats no bug because the performance governor holds the max frequency all the time.
So changing from performance to any other governor would propably result in saving power.

What i meant is that the max frequency is no longer overriden by "sec_dvfs" and sticks according to what you set it.

"sec_dvfs" is a feature by samsung that dynamically sets voltage and frequency according to some variables in theory.
I heard of samsung using it to betray when running benchmarks on a device(idk if thats true but possible).
There is no documentation about it. But i think it is dependent on proper framework integration what cm11 just does not support.
In addition i wasnt able to find any custom kernel/rom using this so i disabled it.

As a sideeffect the max frequency stays at what you set it.
There is no problem i know with the min frequency.
26th August 2015, 03:19 PM |#1027  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlinkOnE

Wait are you using performance governor?
Then your explanation would make sense. In this case thats no bug because the performance governor holds the max frequency all the time.
So changing from performance to any other governor would propably result in saving power.

I actually don't have the phone near me, so I can only try to remember. But since I'm no fan of the Performance governor (too much drain), I can't see why I would have set it up.

Anyway, I'll chek and get back if needed. Thanks a lot !
27th August 2015, 08:07 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have galaxy trend GT-S7560 and wifi its not working, i tried to replace the driver with the stock driver and replacing the kernel but not worked. If some log can help devs contact me to send logs.

(sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod, galaxy ace ii x, galaxy trend, gt-s7560m, software update

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)