Analysis & Opinion

[APP][4.1+] AcDisplay | v3.8 | 11.07.2015

1,279 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,776

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th August 2015, 10:28 PM |#2271  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
hello, i'm using a Htc m8, rooted, Xposed with Sense toolbox 6 installed, i have a problem using the native heads up with AcDisplay, they show up on the lockscreen, which I don't want, i blacklisted the Xposed module, but they still show up, I posted a question in the module's thread as well, because it has a blacklisting option also(i blacklisted AcDisplay in the module's heads up options) thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-54-35.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	3443527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-19-00-03-15.png
Views:	414
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	3443528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-19-00-30-28.png
Views:	404
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3443539  
Last edited by hauhauhau7; 18th August 2015 at 10:42 PM.

23rd August 2015, 08:11 PM |#2272  
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Nexus 6 with pattern lock: Using Gravity Box, I am able to bypass the clock display (when screen turns on) and go directly to the pattern lock screen. My intent is to use AcDisplay as the clock/notification before the pattern lock. By enabling AcD, however, it brings back the Nexus clock screen along with it. That is, on screen power on, it displays AcD, then Nexus clock screen appears (after swipe), then pattern lock appears.

Is there a way to disable the Nexus default clock screen? It seems like activating AcD also enables the Nexus clock screen.

Thanks.
24th August 2015, 05:37 AM |#2273  
Flag Sunrise Florida
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Is there an option that will allow the notification on this app to stay on till i turn it off
I just upgraded from a S3 to a Nexus 6 and looking for a notification to take the place of the LED that the N6 don't have

With the S3 as I was sleeping i would just open my eyes for a second and with my phone charging next to me If I had any txt msgs or missed calls the LED would be blinking telling me i need to check my msgs Looking for a way I to do that with the N6 ?
Last edited by Markeee; 24th August 2015 at 09:12 AM.
24th August 2015, 08:35 AM |#2274  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 1,066

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman

Nexus 6 with pattern lock: Using Gravity Box, I am able to bypass the clock display (when screen turns on) and go directly to the pattern lock screen. My intent is to use AcDisplay as the clock/notification before the pattern lock. By enabling AcD, however, it brings back the Nexus clock screen along with it. That is, on screen power on, it displays AcD, then Nexus clock screen appears (after swipe), then pattern lock appears.

Is there a way to disable the Nexus default clock screen? It seems like activating AcD also enables the Nexus clock screen.

Thanks.

This is an android 5+ known issue. @AChep made a post about it on the G+ but I'm on mobile now so it's going to be hard to find. It's basically an unwanted effect in android L.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeee

Is there an option that will allow the notification on this app to stay on till i turn it off
I just upgraded from a S3 to a Nexus 6 and looking notification to take the place of the LED that the N6 don't have

With the S3 as I was sleeping i would just open my eyes for a second and with my phone charging next to me If I had any txt msgs or missed calls the LED would be blinking telling me i need to check my msgs Looking for a way I to do that with the N6 ?

Unfortunately, nope.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMillerNL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2015, 09:19 AM |#2275  
Flag Sunrise Florida
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL

This is an android 5+ known issue. @AChep made a post about it on the G+ but I'm on mobile now so it's going to be hard to find. It's basically an unwanted effect in android L.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Unfortunately, nope.

That sucks any other app that can do it that you know of ?
24th August 2015, 12:09 PM |#2276  
Flag Netherfield
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I have tried Floatify and that app allows you to reply from the notification for sms and WhatsApp - is this possible with this app as that would really be cool? Or is it a limit of Android notifications which Floatify somehow gets around?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2015, 03:18 PM |#2277  
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I just searched on G+ for @AChep's posts but didn't come up with anything. If you are able to locate it, please do post a link.

BTW, the TouchWiz (Samsung) LP 5.x does not have this problem because it does not use the two-screen system (clock, swipe, then pattern lock).

It's interesting that Gravity Box is successful in removing the stock clock screen, but when I add AcD, it comes back.
28th August 2015, 01:31 AM |#2278  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Would this related to what I'm dealing with? I just came from Android 4.4.3 to 5.0.1 on my HTC One M8 and I'm getting a few weird bugs. AcDisplay shows up as the first thing when turning on my screen which is great, but I also have a lockscreen and security pattern that should be disabled with my trusted BT device. Without AcDisplay turned on, turning on the screen just throws me right onto my phone. With AcDisplay turned on, it sends me to the lockscreen before my home screen (but doesn't make me use my pattern lock).

The other bug I'm encountering is AcDisplay just randomly not working at all. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes it but after messing around with settings for a while, it just stops showing up until I uninstall and reinstall.
Last edited by DJComet; 28th August 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acdisplay, achep, active display, android, artem chepurnoy, notifications, open source
Previous Thread Next Thread