FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Tool] WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor | OFFICIAL | CRYPT8 | NON-ROOT | UPDATED APRIL 2015

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By TripCode, Member on 3rd June 2014, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th July 2015, 04:38 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
not working on S6 Edge
Hi, first of all, thanks for developing this program to help us, who need to decrpyt Whatsapp's db.

I was trying to decrypt the database on my S6 edge, but when I ran the extractor, after I selected ok on the phone for debugging, the program exited by itself in Windows 8.1. I managed to take a screen shot of it before the Window disappeared, please see attachement.
Anyone can shine me some light on this?

Also, when I used this on my GNex, it also said there is no such directory when copying to: "sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/.nomedia" Anyone experienced that before? I am wondering if this is because I am actually not logged into Whatsapp on this phone. This is the reason why I need to use the wahtsapp key/DB extractor, I upgraded to a S6 Edge before backing up my wahtsapp and now I want to merge my old histories on GNex with my new history on S6 Edge. I cannot log into Whatsapp anymore with my old Gnex because S6 Edge uses a micro SIM so my old SIM doesn't work on GNex anymore and so I cannot receive SMS to log into Whatsapp on GNex. Although the .nomedia was not copied, but I still got the decrypted db file in the extracted folder in Windows and was able to open it with SQLite Database Browser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	620
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	3400798  
Last edited by anewbieuser; 12th July 2015 at 04:41 AM.

12th July 2015, 12:50 PM |#162  

More
Operation Failed message!!
Plz guys, I need help! Im not facing a problem with java on my PC but the attached error is still showing!
In addition Im facing an APK error during backup, but it's not clear!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Failed.png
Views:	530
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	3401236  
12th July 2015, 12:53 PM |#163  

More
Facing the same problem!
Hey man, Im facing the same problem! did you find any solution??
31st July 2015, 10:44 AM |#164  

More
please an help...
My device is Nexus 6 - last lollipop version. It's impossible to do a backup cause cryptographic backup system active and impossibilty to change option. there's a way to have key file without root or flash or what else ..?
thanks
2nd August 2015, 03:38 AM |#165  

More
got the key and everythings but whatsapp viewer cannot see my key.
is there something wrong?
9th August 2015, 11:51 AM |#166  

More
HOWTO for ENCRYPTED PHONES
HOWTO for ENCRYPTED PHONES

You need:
Modify WhatsAppKeyExtract.bat
- Change at bottom to avoid exit from cmd.exe when testing
"exit" by "exit /b"
- Add "%1" at line 68 to pass the phone password encryption to java "abe.jar"
java -jar bin\abe.jar unpack tmp\whatsapp.ab tmp\whatsapp.tar %1
Download and install Java Cryptography Extension (JCE).
Search in google jce-7-download or jce8-download according to your version of java
- To install in my Windows (8) I had to copy the two files to the following path (admin rights needed)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\security
Execute WhatsAppKeyExtract.bat with new parm (password of your encrypted phone)
for example "WhatsAppKeyExtract.bat pepe1234"
Before installing JCE, when you executed WhatsAppKeyExtrack.bat, you saw:
Code:
[...]
Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.

Strong AES encryption not allowed
Magic:
Version:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
[...]

Now, with JCE instaled, you see it's allowed:
Code:
[...]
Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.

Strong AES encryption allowed
Magic: ANDROID BACKUP
Version: 3
Compressed: 1
Algorithm: AES-256
IV: 9577CF220A106147248DC79AF963E8AA
MK: 4AA76815BAC4A173356D273658918F675FA72DC3D9ACB8744F40DF00FBD108FF
MK checksum: BDE40F6552F08AC7537E0E49A27DBE5909AF91E0E0E2CFE1D67D8D4C77D7A314
[...]
By the by, in my Samsung phone, the button to proceed with the full backup is not seen:
(in the picture you can see something, but on the screen not could see anything)

i.imgur.com/mxFN4Jt.png (I can't post images)
23rd August 2015, 04:02 PM |#167  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewbieuser

Hi, first of all, thanks for developing this program to help us, who need to decrpyt Whatsapp's db.

I was trying to decrypt the database on my S6 edge, but when I ran the extractor, after I selected ok on the phone for debugging, the program exited by itself in Windows 8.1. I managed to take a screen shot of it before the Window disappeared, please see attachement.
Anyone can shine me some light on this?

Also, when I used this on my GNex, it also said there is no such directory when copying to: "sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/.nomedia" Anyone experienced that before? I am wondering if this is because I am actually not logged into Whatsapp on this phone. This is the reason why I need to use the wahtsapp key/DB extractor, I upgraded to a S6 Edge before backing up my wahtsapp and now I want to merge my old histories on GNex with my new history on S6 Edge. I cannot log into Whatsapp anymore with my old Gnex because S6 Edge uses a micro SIM so my old SIM doesn't work on GNex anymore and so I cannot receive SMS to log into Whatsapp on GNex. Although the .nomedia was not copied, but I still got the decrypted db file in the extracted folder in Windows and was able to open it with SQLite Database Browser.

This is for all with the Syntax problem.

There seems to be a problem with the version check, I just removed it and then everything worked perfectly.

Replace the contents of your WhatsAppKeyExtract.bat with this
pastebin.com/trNC3Ahh

Good luck

Edit:; Huh... because I don't have 10 posts, I can't put a link to the file. Just copy the pastebin link to a fresh tab.
The Following User Says Thank You to helperman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:34 PM |#168  

More
Error: Unknown option: -d
I have the same problem as Reinforcementshavearrived - “Installing legacy Whatsapp 2.11.431...Error: Unknown option: -d” – ultimately resulting in error messages often reported by other users, such as “bin\tar: apps/com.whatsapp/f/key: Not found in archive” and “Extracting whatsapp.key ...The system cannot find the path specified.”

As recommended by TripCode on 18-05-2015, I updated the SDK packages (I originally had “adb-setup-1.3” installed): I installed the android studio bundle (141.2178183) and several packages, amongst others the latest Android SDK- (Rev. 24.3.4), Platform- (Rev. 23) and Build- (Rev. 23) Tools on top of “Android 4.1.2”. However, the message remains “Error: Unknown option: -d”.

Any ideas how I can get this to work? Thanks!

fyi: Unrooted Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2, Whatsapp Version 2.12.250, USB Debugging enabled, Windows 10, java version 1.8.0_60, path variables are set

Edit: Is it possible that the "-d" option is not understood by Android 4.1.2 (API 16) and earlier versions? At least the below website suggests this is the case. If this is correct, is there any chance I can still get this to work?
The link with this info: bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=851224

Edit 2: Solved it, still some error messages, but at least I now find files in the "extracted" folder! I simply removed the command "- d" in the ".bat" file "WhatsAppKeyExtract" as suggested here stackoverflow.com/questions/13400499/is-there-any-way-to-ignore-install-failed-version-downgrade-on-application-insta
Last edited by cranig; Yesterday at 06:39 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt, crypt5, crypt8, smsbackup, whatsapp
Previous Thread Next Thread