756 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By flyboy1100, Senior Member on 16th May 2014, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th June 2015, 12:28 AM |#221  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 394

More
What's the chipsets in these? Will they work for reverse camera?

5th June 2015, 05:44 PM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What are you using to achieve OTG + charge? with latest ElementalX 4.01 kernel it's tricky, sometimes it didn't recognize the usb devices
3rd July 2015, 08:20 PM |#223  
Flag Sherman
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I use timur's kernel. Perfect for car install. But he charges for it, and that's a no no on xda I think, and so you'll have to google him. The cost was worth it to me, and I love my car pc n7 Just wish I would have gotten the LTE one instead of wifi only. Turning on tethering all the time is more annoying than expected, and nfc tags dont trigger tethering on lollipop. Seems some apis got disabled
21st July 2015, 01:14 AM |#224  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help!!! I searched but I am still clueless on what I need to connect my n7 2013..

I have a Nissan frontier 09.. I had JVC navigation system before on my truck but it stopped working so I took it out. The only thing left are the cables that were connected to it.. .

What kind of adapter or need to do to connect my n7 to my truck??? . thanks for any info that you can provide. Car cables
18th August 2015, 01:19 PM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello people,
i'm new here and so far I tried to get as much information as possible from the topics I found.
I am going to get very soon a 2013 nexus 7 wifi+3g ( will use a 3g data plan) and I want to install it in my 04 Civic in the dash where the 2din space is and relocate the aftermarket stereo unit somewhere lower, by removing the ash tray.
I am planning to run the audio by using 3.5mm audio jack male to male from the tablet to the aftermarket player and set the player to aux mode. The idea to make things easier for me as I am not even close to have a good understanding on electronics and android os ( i'm a iphone user ) ).

The reason why I am posting here is to ask if the timur is available for the 2013 nexus 7 and where can I find it. I don't mind paying for it as long as it makes my life & work on this project easier ( as I mentioned before, I'm sort of a noob Still, having all this information from the forum available I noticed some of the people were getting "noise" on their audio even with 3.5mm jack cables so I am asking if I really need to get a ground loop insulator or not ? I am soon going to order all the pieces for this project.

the list at the moment consists in :
nexus 7 2013 wifi+3g (obviously)
right angle micro usb adapter ( if the space behind the dash won't allow me to use a regular one)
otg + charging cable
usb hub( 3-4 usb's inputs - usb thumb drive to add stuff such as music, movies, etc and 2 spare ones in case I will ever add a rear parking camera or anything else)
3.5mm audio jack cable male to male ( 1m long) - possibly with right angle on both ends
2 slot usb car charger + female cigarete lighter socket( to replace the cigarete lighter cap and to use in the future for charging devices)
2 slot usb car charger - powergen ?
and last but not the least obd2 bluetooth diagnostic tool to use with the torque app

have I missed anything ?
29th August 2015, 07:58 AM |#226  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilutosh

hello people,
i'm new here and so far I tried to get as much information as possible from the topics I found.
I am going to get very soon a 2013 nexus 7 wifi+3g ( will use a 3g data plan) and I want to install it in my 04 Civic in the dash where the 2din space is and relocate the aftermarket stereo unit somewhere lower, by removing the ash tray.
I am planning to run the audio by using 3.5mm audio jack male to male from the tablet to the aftermarket player and set the player to aux mode. The idea to make things easier for me as I am not even close to have a good understanding on electronics and android os ( i'm a iphone user ) ).

The reason why I am posting here is to ask if the timur is available for the 2013 nexus 7 and where can I find it. I don't mind paying for it as long as it makes my life & work on this project easier ( as I mentioned before, I'm sort of a noob Still, having all this information from the forum available I noticed some of the people were getting "noise" on their audio even with 3.5mm jack cables so I am asking if I really need to get a ground loop insulator or not ? I am soon going to order all the pieces for this project.

the list at the moment consists in :
nexus 7 2013 wifi+3g (obviously)
right angle micro usb adapter ( if the space behind the dash won't allow me to use a regular one)
otg + charging cable
usb hub( 3-4 usb's inputs - usb thumb drive to add stuff such as music, movies, etc and 2 spare ones in case I will ever add a rear parking camera or anything else)
3.5mm audio jack cable male to male ( 1m long) - possibly with right angle on both ends
2 slot usb car charger + female cigarete lighter socket( to replace the cigarete lighter cap and to use in the future for charging devices)
2 slot usb car charger - powergen ?
and last but not the least obd2 bluetooth diagnostic tool to use with the torque app

have I missed anything ?

I am not sure what the rules are regarding posting a link to the custom kernel that you can buy, but if you just Google it using the right keywords you should be able to figure out how to get it.

You missed the steering wheel control module called joycon exr.

Also, I would get a 12v step down power supply instead of a cigarette USB car charger. Just my preference.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
29th August 2015, 10:04 AM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
For those that are interested in getting media/volume buttons in the navbar like Autodroid had, feel free to use this mod I made:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...r-car-t3180274
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)