Thanks Meter: 95

More
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry42327010

Dat russian...anyway JiayuG4S Lollipop thread..beta version at the moment

28th August 2015, 05:18 AM |#1262  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys!

I've got myself a Jiayu G4S a few months ago, and since today I've been having a screen problem. Horizontal and vertical screen lines that doesn't always look the same and in the same place. Also, my Home and Back buttons don't work anymore. Could it be a bad connection between LCD/digitizer and a motherboard, or a bad screen? There is a video of the similar problem on youtube, but since I'm a new user I can't post external links.

Thanks!
28th August 2015, 09:16 AM |#1263  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magewick

Hi guys!

I've got myself a Jiayu G4S a few months ago, and since today I've been having a screen problem. Horizontal and vertical screen lines that doesn't always look the same and in the same place. Also, my Home and Back buttons don't work anymore. Could it be a bad connection between LCD/digitizer and a motherboard, or a bad screen? There is a video of the similar problem on youtube, but since I'm a new user I can't post external links.

Thanks!

I'm not sure, but I'm leaving towards screen damage. I guess you could try examining the motherboard connection, but if it's still under warranty that would void it.

I once damaged my HTC Sensation LCD after dropping it. I had a series of short lines across the screen. The glass was not broken. After searching I discovered a way to 'fix' it. This involved putting it in a small sealed bag (sandwich bag) with a bit of rice to absorb moisture, then putting it in the freezer for 24 hours. You have to remove the battery, SIM and SD card first of course. This fixed the problem for me. My Sensation's screen looked similar to the one in the YouTube video, but didn't go all the way across. It also didn't move around like yours. Also, the capacitive buttons never stored working. Might be worth a try if you're desperate.
28th August 2015, 03:16 PM |#1264  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo

I'm not sure, but I'm leaving towards screen damage. I guess you could try examining the motherboard connection, but if it's still under warranty that would void it.

I once damaged my HTC Sensation LCD after dropping it. I had a series of short lines across the screen. The glass was not broken. After searching I discovered a way to 'fix' it. This involved putting it in a small sealed bag (sandwich bag) with a bit of rice to absorb moisture, then putting it in the freezer for 24 hours. You have to remove the battery, SIM and SD card first of course. This fixed the problem for me. My Sensation's screen looked similar to the one in the YouTube video, but didn't go all the way across. It also didn't move around like yours. Also, the capacitive buttons never stored working. Might be worth a try if you're desperate.

It's not under warranty, I'll send it to a local guy who fixes Jiayu phones and see what' s up. It's weird that capacitive buttons don't work at the same time , since I don't think they are connected (There are digitizers selling on Aliexpress for ~$17, while the screen/digitizer bundle is selling for ~$150.
Yesterday, 09:47 AM |#1265  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Storage
Hey guys! I've got some good news, well, a start at least. Regarding that Lollipop ROM from Jiayu.de, they've posted a kind of beta as much as I understood on the web. Original FB post is here:
https://www.facebook.com/JiayuDE/posts/838141342973783
(use built-in translate feature)

The link goes to Word document with instructions (in German), and at the end of document there are links to download ROMs for Jiayu G4S and few more models, both for CM 12 and KitKat (in case you need to go back).
CM12 direct link: https://mega.nz/#F!cNdmWLJB!u0K6RdnvPvYwYGuJ0oNMYQ

DISCLAIMER: I have not tried it yet! I'm just downloading it!

Also, you may want to check the original article from Gizchina, and check the discussion (at bottom, by Disqus) between me (Luka) and Sebastian - guy that claims is working for Jiayu.de, you'll see some comments and bickering but in the end what's important is that CM12 is online He kept teasing me that I'll fix their bugs, but I don't care - they've published the ROM. I sure hope it's not just a copy/paste from russian forums
Link: http://www.gizchina.com/2015/08/14/j...-cm12-devices/

Since I still haven't tried it I can't say much, but if this "beta" of sorts has OTA already enabled that's all we need - all future updates will start appearing OTA. We'll see... When I get time I'll do an update, but that probably won't be at least another week due to lack of time :-/
Last edited by LuxZg; Yesterday at 10:03 AM. Reason: posted 2x by accident
The Following User Says Thank You to LuxZg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:33 AM |#1266  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
I've been using the lollipop beta for the past week now and i must say, Lollipop is amazing, despite all its current bugs..Also, the Jiayu.de version runs a bit slower than the version vova.vafin posted on needrom.
The bugs include wifi hotspot, ussd, video record so if. You can live without those then flash

Sent from my CM12.1 Jiayu G4S
Yesterday, 02:59 PM |#1267  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Damn... Noone mentioned hotspot being buggy :-/ and unfortunately I need that to work..not often but Murphy says it will be needed if it doesn't work. Please! Keep us updated, I'm really interested in how it goes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread