Thanks Meter: 81

By tech128, Senior Member on 26th April 2014, 02:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2015, 07:21 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjday7

I'm really trying to get some feedback from people that have updated to lollipop and got WiFi tether router by Fabio Grasso working on the new build.

Also and how and what version of the all they are using.

I have it working on a Note 3 with 5.0 and 6.08 of the app. Had to set it up with the instructions for the Note 4 to get it to work.

8th July 2015, 01:58 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Here is a method I use that I haven't seen mentioned, I'm on a S5 SM-G900A at&t that is unlocked to T-Mobile, I am on Android 5.0 rooted stock. using the 80.00 unlimited prepaid plan. I assume this also works on the G900T:
I use FoxFi/PDAnet+ USB mode tether. I have the PDAnet windows program setting "Hide Tether Usage" Level 1 checked.
My hotspot data log from the T-Mobile app has not increased.
My current Data usage is at 13400mb/unlimited and my Mobile Hotspot has not increased ever since I did the PDAnet I mentioned above.
The other thing I have done which is also working perfectly is enable internet Sharing in network connections for the PDANET Broadband Adapter, which automatically changes my LAN adapter to 192.168.137.1... Then I have my LAN on PC plugged into a Router. The router's ip address is set to 192.168.137.254 and the DHCP server is turned off ( or forwarded to 192.168.137.1...probably if it is a Dd-wrt router) so now in my house, anything that connected to the router's ssid, LAN or wireless, gets blazing fast internet, all through the USB tether..
I'm telling you, not exaggerating, it smokes FIOS Verizon, I'm getting speed test results on all my devices connected to the router at like 30MBps-50 and above. All along I am monitoring the t-mobile "my mobile" app and seeing the Data increase and still the Hotspot total has not increased
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-08-05-29-18.png
Views:	456
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	3395880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-08-05-50-50.png
Views:	458
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	3395881  
9th August 2015, 12:11 AM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm ignorant - why is this necessary?
Does tmobile cap it?
10th August 2015, 08:15 PM |#74  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpercolator

Does tmobile cap it?

Yes. If you're on unlimited date they usually have a cap for hotspot/tether only. If youre on limited data this wouldnt matter as itll still take away from your limited data
10th August 2015, 08:34 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
so this mod makes it completely unlimited?
27th August 2015, 08:01 PM |#76  

More
I have a problem guys. I have had the Rom Xtrestolite 1.3.5a on my G900T with baseband BNG4. I have been able to tether my phone for over a year with no restrictions and never throttled on my unlimited plan with 5gb hotspot. I used to always check and my hotspot allotment never used to go up as my rooted phone on this rom had the tethering unblocked. However just this week I got a message that said I have reached 85% of my hotspot limit and that it will be slowed to 128kbps but that my phone will continue at high speed till beginning of my next cycle. I checked my usage and now my tethering plan had used up 7/7gb (I guess my hotspot plan had increased to 7gb over the course of the year, never knew since I had always used over 20gb of tethering unrestricted).

So now I am puzzled, did tmobile find a way to meter my tethering again even though I am on a rooted phone on a rom that had unrestricted tethering? Note that I still can tether unlimited but they have slowed it to 128kpbs... the funny thing is I can speed test on speedtest.com on my tether and it will show it at 25mpbs...but if I go on some websites its clearly 128kpbs as I tried a speed test html5 and it confirmed that it was 128kpbs...so it seems some websites like speedtest...and youtube still go fast, but most other streaming sites go slow on tether, so it is obviously being throttled. My question is, has tmobile implemented a new way to meter which made my 1 year old rom not be able to keep making unrestrictive? And if so does anyone know which newer rom is unrestricted and completely uses only my phone's internet not Hotspot Data allotment?

screenshot
screenshot2
Yesterday, 05:20 PM |#77  

More
Does this work on 5.1.1?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 08:04 PM |#78  

More
Bumppp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread