FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[HOW-TO][ROOT][4NOOBS] Resize sdcard0 and internal storage to maximize space for apps

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

By bsined, Senior Member on 10th April 2014, 06:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th June 2015, 10:20 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepol

TWRP 2.8.5.0, wiping sdcard didn't help but maybe I have to run the proper command also for partition 15 (SDCard)? I'll try this one tomorrow:

Code:
tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p15

Hm, the people seemed to have more issues with CWM. You can also wipe storage via TWRP, no need to use the terminal for that (and they solved it using TWRP, so might try that)

29th June 2015, 01:00 PM |#202  
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardK

Hm, the people seemed to have more issues with CWM. You can also wipe storage via TWRP, no need to use the terminal for that (and they solved it using TWRP, so might try that)

Hi there, I wiped also via TWRP and still same error message but maybe this is more an issue related to CM 12.1. Maybe I'll post in the official CM 12.1 thread for Xperia T and post back here when I've found the proper solution (for completeness).

Actually I googled and some people suggest to update TWRP, but since I have the last version (for my device, which is "mint") I guess I can only ask the TWRP maintainer of "mint" on xda if he knows something about this issue.

I'll keep you updated thx so far. cheers
5th July 2015, 02:22 PM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i need help please.
dont know where i made a mistake.
I have now only 5.7 GB device storage (for apps etc) but the rest of total space is gone. Have a Xperia T with 16 GB before this procedure i had only 1.9 GB for apps its now better but like i said the half of the space is gone.
Need help please.
6th July 2015, 10:29 AM |#204  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahmään

i need help please.
dont know where i made a mistake.
I have now only 5.7 GB device storage (for apps etc) but the rest of total space is gone. Have a Xperia T with 16 GB before this procedure i had only 1.9 GB for apps its now better but like i said the half of the space is gone.
Need help please.

Please provide the output of lsblk.
6th July 2015, 01:05 PM |#205  

More
Pls sum1 help...
I donno how but Suddenly screen got thin lines and in the notificasns it says your Sd card is damaged. So I went to settings >storage> den I see der was n opsn for "mount internal storage". I tried to mount but it didn't.
I restarted d phone den also nothing happend. It was still asking for reformatting sd card, but it wasn't reformatting it too.Den I tried to wipe it thru twrp recovery, but wiping got fail. So I tried to restart my phone, but in recovery its saying no OS installed.N my phone is just showing Xolo logo with lining. Pls giv stepwise solution...if possibl.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
6th July 2015, 03:57 PM |#206  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriyanshuSingh

Pls sum1 help...
I donno how but Suddenly screen got thin lines and in the notificasns it says your Sd card is damaged. So I went to settings >storage> den I see der was n opsn for "mount internal storage". I tried to mount but it didn't.
I restarted d phone den also nothing happend. It was still asking for reformatting sd card, but it wasn't reformatting it too.Den I tried to wipe it thru twrp recovery, but wiping got fail. So I tried to restart my phone, but in recovery its saying no OS installed.N my phone is just showing Xolo logo with lining. Pls giv stepwise solution...if possibl.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Any error messages except "didn't work"?
If you don't care about data you just should try to reflash.
29th August 2015, 08:43 PM |#207  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardK

Please provide the output of lsblk.

I have the same problem as the guy you responded too, can't run lsblk in the android shell, the android OS boots up but internal storage partition is no where to be found, I think I have to edit the partiton bindings somewhere but have no idea where. I have just the userdata partition so far but no internal storage, let me know if you have some steps to walk me through, thank you for listening and sorry for the burden, using the ROM that updates the xperia lt30at to 4.3 in case that's relevent, I copy and pasted the commands line for line but somehow I think the ROM got in the way, In recovery it still shows it's there but it says it's FAT32 I think
29th August 2015, 11:57 PM |#208  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddi3x3x3

I have the same problem as the guy you responded too, can't run lsblk in the android shell, the android OS boots up but internal storage partition is no where to be found, I think I have to edit the partiton bindings somewhere but have no idea where. I have just the userdata partition so far but no internal storage, let me know if you have some steps to walk me through, thank you for listening and sorry for the burden, using the ROM that updates the xperia lt30at to 4.3 in case that's relevent, I copy and pasted the commands line for line but somehow I think the ROM got in the way, In recovery it still shows it's there but it says it's FAT32 I think

well, you can run lsblk in Recovery too. Actually I don't really remember what I did (was quite some time back ^^), but I can still see what I can do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread