FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[GUIDE] Soft-bricked, looking to unroot, or just looking to downgrade, or start over?

788 posts
Thanks Meter: 309

By shortydoggg, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 11:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 03:32 AM |#141  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 4,637

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbxrootx

Same thing ^

I already took it and the program they were using (they showed me) gave them an error telling them it was rooted.

I tried doing that and I get some fused binary error.

You'll have to Odin all four files from latest firmware and lose ability to root that's all you can do and it can be done I've done it myself when I sold my S5

Yesterday, 01:31 PM |#142  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6freak

You'll have to Odin all four files from latest firmware and lose ability to root that's all you can do and it can be done I've done it myself when I sold my S5

I thought they already tried that, unless there is a different set of 4 files that I haven't seen, and where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yesterday, 03:54 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6freak

Link?
Yesterday, 10:54 PM |#144  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 4,637

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg

I thought they already tried that, unless there is a different set of 4 files that I haven't seen, and where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No you're right there's only the four files i guess my point being flashing the latest firmware using Odin will result in a fresh device but no root and it seemed to me that was the only solution.
I've taken my devices as a last resort to the ATT warranty store and as long as it was in download mode they've flashed the latest firmware without even asking or checking for root.
Maybe they were just being reasonable.
To avoid that and having a working device would be to Odin the four files and forgo root.
Maybe I misunderstood the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, g900aucu2and3, s5 downgrade, soft brick, towel root
Previous Thread Next Thread