FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][Vzw] 23/07 | ViperOneM8 4.5.0 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

4,794 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,476
 
By Turge, Recognized Developer on 12th April 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from Turge: Got issues with the registration? You might want to read the FAQ
29th August 2015, 09:34 PM |#5671  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomglass

You can turn heads up notifications on/off in Venom Tweaks > Misc.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just switched back to my old setup for heads up notifications. I'm assuming the built in Lollipop method is picky about what it works with? Like, it worked with Hangouts but not LINE.

Speaking of LINE, I've been having issues with it sending me notifications. On my old 2.5.0 ROM, I'd have no problems; 100% of the messages sent to me would show up. Now that I'm on 4.3.0, that success rate seems more like 70%. I notice myself opening the app and seeing messages I never even knew I got because it never updated or notified me. I realize that I'm probably in a slim margin of someone who uses this app on this specific ROM but I wanted to know if anyone else has had these issues and would know of a way to fix it. As far as I can tell, it seems that the app stops running in the background so it just stops sending me notifications but shouldn't it behave like Hangouts or Skype does and not have to be running?
 
 
29th August 2015, 09:37 PM |#5672  
j to the 4n's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda
Thanks Meter: 27,204
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJComet

Yeah, I just switched back to my old setup for heads up notifications. I'm assuming the built in Lollipop method is picky about what it works with? Like, it worked with Hangouts but not LINE.

Speaking of LINE, I've been having issues with it sending me notifications. On my old 2.5.0 ROM, I'd have no problems; 100% of the messages sent to me would show up. Now that I'm on 4.3.0, that success rate seems more like 70%. I notice myself opening the app and seeing messages I never even knew I got because it never updated or notified me. I realize that I'm probably in a slim margin of someone who uses this app on this specific ROM but I wanted to know if anyone else has had these issues and would know of a way to fix it. As far as I can tell, it seems that the app stops running in the background so it just stops sending me notifications but shouldn't it behave like Hangouts or Skype does and not have to be running?

pick whitelist in VenomTweaks->Misc under headup notifs and add line to it.

you are using powersaver? you could try changing minfree settings to prevent it getting killed.
29th August 2015, 09:48 PM |#5673  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j to the 4n

pick whitelist in VenomTweaks->Misc under headup notifs and add line to it.

you are using powersaver? you could try changing minfree settings to prevent it getting killed.

Thanks for the heads up notification tip! Didn't realize it would also force enable certain apps to work.

I'm not using power saver, no. I don't know what could have changed from 2.5.0 to 4.3.0 (or rather Android 4.4.3 to 5.0.1) to have this one app behave this way since I never had to change the MinFree settings before.
29th August 2015, 11:17 PM |#5674  
garywojdan81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 714
 
More
4.6.0 is out in the main thread.

Update: Dirty flash over 4.5.1 and all is well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Last edited by garywojdan81; Yesterday at 02:13 AM. Reason: Update: Dirty flash over 4.5.1 and all is well
Yesterday, 10:56 PM |#5675  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJComet

Thanks for the heads up notification tip! Didn't realize it would also force enable certain apps to work.

I'm not using power saver, no. I don't know what could have changed from 2.5.0 to 4.3.0 (or rather Android 4.4.3 to 5.0.1) to have this one app behave this way since I never had to change the MinFree settings before.

It turns out that LINE updated the day I upgraded my firmware and ROM so it's definitely the app and not the ROM's problem.

But I discovered a couple new bugs today that I'm unable to resolve. The first and more important one is that Google Maps crashes whenever I search for a location. I can search for cross streets fine but if I put in a retail store like Target, it starts searching and then crashes. The other is the flashnight not staying on when the phone's screen is off. With 2.5.0, I could have the flashlight stay on until I turned it off but now it's turning off and on at random with the screen off.

The former issue is a bigger one and hope someone might know what I'm dealing with. If a logcat is needed, please let me know.
Yesterday, 11:34 PM |#5676  
garywojdan81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 714
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJComet

It turns out that LINE updated the day I upgraded my firmware and ROM so it's definitely the app and not the ROM's problem.

But I discovered a couple new bugs today that I'm unable to resolve. The first and more important one is that Google Maps crashes whenever I search for a location. I can search for cross streets fine but if I put in a retail store like Target, it starts searching and then crashes. The other is the flashnight not staying on when the phone's screen is off. With 2.5.0, I could have the flashlight stay on until I turned it off but now it's turning off and on at random with the screen off.

The former issue is a bigger one and hope someone might know what I'm dealing with. If a logcat is needed, please let me know.

Update to 4.6.0. Neither of those issues are present for me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes