1,254 posts
Thanks Meter: 657

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th August 2015, 06:14 AM |#451  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut

I've never had a problem rooting or working on my phones. I'm not a nuts and bolts geek, I'm just good at Googling and following instructions. So I am a little miffed about my OG5 phone. After a session with professor Google today I see that the sprint note 4 OG5 can be rooted with the Beastmode kernal. I know its not apples to apples, but is there any hope?

You cannot root if you took OTA to OE1 or the newer OG5. Same goes for if you bought the phone on that version. Return for a try at a different firmware, or get a different phone. Assuming you just got it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spartan117H3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th August 2015, 10:43 AM |#452  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan117H3

You cannot root if you took OTA to OE1 or the newer OG5. Same goes for if you bought the phone on that version. Return for a try at a different firmware, or get a different phone. Assuming you just got it.

Any way to downgrade to N12 from OG5 (maybe through Odin...)?
24th August 2015, 11:38 AM |#453  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless crowd face

Negative Ghost Rider...the last build you were were able to downgrade from was OC4. Looks like my next phone is gonna be a Nexus
24th August 2015, 11:38 AM |#454  
Monroe, MI
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

No
29th August 2015, 05:43 PM |#455  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

Negative Ghost Rider...the last build you were were able to downgrade from was OC4. Looks like my next phone is gonna be a Nexus

Also waiting for the new Nexus ������. I actually just took back my 2014 Nexus 6 to Verizon after 2 weeks. 32 gbs just wasn't enough with Multi rom (so fun) and Google is/was all out of the 64. Might as well wait for Huawei's 2015 model.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
30th August 2015, 01:45 AM |#456  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Also waiting for the new Nexus ������. I actually just took back my 2014 Nexus 6 to Verizon after 2 weeks. 32 gbs just wasn't enough with Multi rom (so fun) and Google is/was all out of the 64. Might as well wait for Huawei's 2015 model.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Same boat, I went out and got the Nexus 6 but it was just too big so I returned it, waiting for the new 5 Nexus to come out.
30th August 2015, 02:20 PM |#457  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNO

Same boat, I went out and got the Nexus 6 but it was just too big so I returned it, waiting for the new 5 Nexus to come out.

Don't quote me on this (no pun) but I heard something about Sept 29th..??
31st August 2015, 05:23 AM |#458  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My note is verizon (sm-n900v) is running on android 5.0, and its kernel version is 3.4.0
I have tried using towelroot to root my phone but it said that my device is not supported; I am wondering what other possible ways there are to root my phone.
31st August 2015, 07:08 AM |#459  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techdirection

My note is verizon (sm-n900v) is running on android 5.0, and its kernel version is 3.4.0
I have tried using towelroot to root my phone but it said that my device is not supported; I am wondering what other possible ways there are to root my phone.

This thread is for the Galaxy S5. Go to your respective forum by typing to find device at the top of any XDA dev page, then read the stickies at the top.
31st August 2015, 08:15 PM |#460  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Red face
...and use forum search or you'll be sorry LOL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)