FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25)

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,693

By jcsullins, Senior Member on 19th May 2014, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th August 2015, 12:07 AM |#741  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 739

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an-cic

hi, i have a problem reinstalling webos. i follow the post #64 instruction but when i try to start the system, after i choose the language and i set the wifi password, a box appear and he say to vistit the hp webos support page and resend me to the choice language screen. how can i solve the problem?

thanks

Why are you trying to reinstall WebOS? It's a dead operating system on the TouchPad. Otherwise, Mr. Sullins is going to have to explain to you how to overcome your problem.

NT

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisimo

Is there a fix for the gapps .zip being unsupported/unrecognized by TPtoolbox v42? I'm using ev_tenderloin-5.1.1-testing-2015.08.15 and FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-2.8.3.0-12-23-14 but none of the gapps packages linked in post #1 by flintman work. I've seen a newer version of TPTools (215-02-25) mentioned but I don't see that anywhere for download.

Best I remember, TPTB will install Evervolv 5.0 and it's gapps. Once you get that installed, then you can just use recovery to flash the newer Rom and gapps. If for some reason that does not work, you can get an older Kitkat Evervolv data media Rom installed and as long as you wipe system you should be able to install Lollipop through recovery. You may have to use TPTB to increase the size of /system to 800mb. I think the requirement for KitKat was 600mb.

NT
Last edited by nevertells2; 20th August 2015 at 04:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th August 2015, 05:50 PM |#742  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Why are you trying to reinstall WebOS? It's a dead operating system on the TouchPad. Otherwise, Mr. Sullins is going to have to explain to you how to overcome your problem.

NT

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Best I remember, TPTB will install Evervolv 5.0 and it's gapps. Once you get that installed, then you can just use recovery to flash the newer Rom and gapps. If for some reason that does not work, you can get an older Kitkat Evervolv data media Rom installed and as long as you wipe system you should be able to install Lollipop through recovery. You may have to use TPTB to increase the size of /system to 800mb. I think the requirement for KitKat was 600mb.

NR

Thank you for the information. I'll give this a try tonight.
27th August 2015, 11:21 PM |#743  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello Everyone,

I am tryimg to install Andriod, but have come across a problem.

When the media volume is mounted, windows first gives me a 'No disk in device' error, and then asks me to format it. I can't get it actually mounted in windows.

Anyone know how to fix this?
28th August 2015, 03:25 AM |#744  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderIII

Hello Everyone,

I am tryimg to install Andriod, but have come across a problem.

When the media volume is mounted, windows first gives me a 'No disk in device' error, and then asks me to format it. I can't get it actually mounted in windows.

Anyone know how to fix this?

First off, DO NOT format your TouchPad using Windows. Have you read through this entire thread? I'm pretty sure that problem has been discussed before. Configure a different PC and try it on that one. What version of Windows is giving you this problem. I have one of my Windows 7 PC's that flat refuses to recognize my TouchPad. All the others work fine. I know I've read of this problem being discussed and solved. Put Google to work and use the search functions of XDA and Rootswiki to look for the discussion. I seem to remember something about having to reinstall USB or MTP drivers. Have you started over with TPTB, complete data reset, etc? It's been a long time since I read about this issue, but the solution is out there.

NT
28th August 2015, 02:21 PM |#745  

More
Quote:

Have you read through this entire thread? Configure a different PC and try it on that one.

I had not, I just finished reading it. I tried 3 different PCs, same issue. I can&t even get it to mount in webOS anymore.

I am trying to rerun this toolbox, because my last android flash bonked my android install.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that problem has been discussed before. Put Google to work and use the search functions of XDA and Rootswiki to look for the discussion.

The search function on XDA is broken. T.T

A similar issue was discussed in this thread. But for those people, it seems the device wasnt recognized at all. Mine recognizes it, but thinks the file system is corrupt.

I tried the numerous mentioned fixes anyway (reinstalling usb, trying different cables, etc.) but nothing seems to work.

Quote:

Have you started over with TPTB, complete data reset, etc?

It seems like that will be what I have to do. I didn't wanna wipe my webOS isntall but I guess it doesn't matter since I never use it anyway.
28th August 2015, 04:44 PM |#746  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderIII

I had not, I just finished reading it. I tried 3 different PCs, same issue. I can&t even get it to mount in webOS anymore.

I am trying to rerun this toolbox, because my last android flash bonked my android install.

The search function on XDA is broken. T.T

A similar issue was discussed in this thread. But for those people, it seems the device wasnt recognized at all. Mine recognizes it, but thinks the file system is corrupt.

I tried the numerous mentioned fixes anyway (reinstalling usb, trying different cables, etc.) but nothing seems to work.

It seems like that will be what I have to do. I didn't wanna wipe my webOS isntall but I guess it doesn't matter since I never use it anyway.

why do you want to keep WebOS? It has been abandoned by HP. All the servers are down. Being able to remove WebOS and have all the memory on the TouchPad available to Android has been the holy grail for years. I like you had not used it in years when TouchPad Toolbox came along. Hope you get this solved. I've pretty much run out of suggestions. I seem to remember back in the day, when there was USB connection issues, making sure WebOS was in developer mode was suggested. But with WebOS removed, that is not an option.

TouchPad Toolbox is run from your PC with the TP in WebOS recovery mode, reboot, and hold volume up until you see the large USB symbol. There is a way to run it from the TouchPad, but that can't be done until you have Android installed and running correctly. If you can't get connected in WebOS recovery mode, then you have a more serious problem.

Good luck, NT
Last edited by nevertells2; 28th August 2015 at 04:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2015, 02:23 PM |#747  

More
Quote:

why do you want to keep WebOS? It has been abandoned by HP.

My first smartphone was webOS and I loved the thing, just sentimental attachment I guess.

The full wipe did work however. Thank you for the assistance.

Other then some minor space hiccups with gapps, I had no problems getting Android installed. Works pretty well except for Plex being unable to run videos.
31st August 2015, 06:37 PM |#748  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisimo

Thank you for the information. I'll give this a try tonight.

Did yopu ever solve this? I'm stuck with a similar problem. No GApps I seem to use are being recognized...
Yesterday, 12:08 AM |#749  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poken1151

Did yopu ever solve this? I'm stuck with a similar problem. No GApps I seem to use are being recognized...

Did you try everything I suggested to Curtisimo?

NT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread