FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development

497 posts
Thanks Meter: 136
 
By omegajester, Senior Member on 15th January 2014, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th August 2015, 04:31 PM |#971  
Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Cloud Search D803 patch to return from LP to KK needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmare

Adding a quick how-to on getting D803 back to stock, which I found very challenging. KDZ method did not work for me only TOT. So, the following should work for any D803 model. Phone was not bricked - Download mode was functional

1. Flashed Rogers TOT -- this was the only D803 TOT I could find online
2. IORoot and AutoRec the Rogers Firmware
3. Download the appropriate KDZ for your device (my G2 is Telus)
4. Create flashable ZIP based on your KDZ -- WindowsLGFirmwareExtract (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666967)
5. Flash ZIP via recovery -- this should restore everything back to stock, including recovery, modem, baseband etc.
6. Launch download mode to confirm the phone is unrooted (if still rooted goto step 7)
7. Use LGMobileTools to do a factory reset
8. Phone is stock

PM any questions - always on XDA

If someone can provide a patch to return to kitkat (so i can flash Miui 6) same like this one " D802_PATCH_RETURN_KK_droidth.zip http://bit.ly/1LJG52P " for D803. I am on cloudy 3.3. Looking forward for your quick response. Thanks in advance.
 
 
16th August 2015, 04:44 PM |#972  
DonQuixote77's Avatar
Member
Flag Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pqee

Try BlissPop 3.9. With the problems I was having with Render's kernel I tried the latest official nightly of CM 12.1. A clean install and I couldn't get data working either. Just an exclamation point in my signal bars and like you I tried multiple modems, different APNs, as well as manually adding my APN, went through every setting for data, toggled airplane mode etc...

I gave up and clean flashed BlissPop and got data right away during the initial setup. This is also when I got Render's kernel working by booting with my phone in the fridge (after doing initial setup with the built in kernel).


Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

I'll give it a shot. Worth trying. Way back when I originally tried BlissPop I found it to be somewhat unstable, before they re-based their rom.
I'm curious how it works out for you, please update me in a day or two, see if everything is still working fine. I suppose it might be difficult to compare the stock kernel to Render's, but I like to have lots of customization oprions and cpu governors (that's why I like the Dori kernel and manager app).
What do you need for BP? KK bootloader and 10c/19b modem?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasifdot

If someone can provide a patch to return to kitkat (so i can flash Miui 6) same like this one " D802_PATCH_RETURN_KK_droidth.zip http://bit.ly/1LJG52P " for D803. I am on cloudy 3.3. Looking forward for your quick response. Thanks in advance.

I've gone from CloudyG2 3.3 to CloudyG2 2.2 without any patches... Are you sure it's necessary? I used the bootloader changer zip to downgrade to JB bootloader, rebooted to recovery, wiped everything and flashed nandroid backup of 2.2. Do you have any KK backups?

Anyone else know differently? I'd like to know if I'm wrong...
The Following User Says Thank You to DonQuixote77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2015, 05:09 PM |#973  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuixote77

I'll give it a shot. Worth trying. Way back when I originally tried BlissPop I found it to be somewhat unstable, before they re-based their rom.
I'm curious how it works out for you, please update me in a day or two, see if everything is still working fine. I suppose it might be difficult to compare the stock kernel to Render's, but I like to have lots of customization oprions and cpu governors (that's why I like the Dori kernel and manager app).
What do you need for BP? KK bootloader and 10c/19b modem

KK bootloader (I used the bootloader changer by NevaX1 from HERE) and I'm currently on the Rogers 10c modem from THIS thread.

I've been using BlissPOP 3.7 and 3.8 as well and both were pretty rock solid. It was only recently I had problems because I insisted I try Render's kernel. The built in kernel never gave me any problems. If you're looking for lots of kernel customizations you might want to wait a bit before using Render kernel. His CAF version is still pretty new (only R2) but features will likely come with newer updates.

Oh and I've been using the stock tk GAPPS package from HERE.
The Following User Says Thank You to pqee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2015, 06:40 PM |#974  
DonQuixote77's Avatar
Member
Flag Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pqee

KK bootloader (I used the bootloader changer by NevaX1 from HERE) and I'm currently on the Rogers 10c modem from THIS thread.

I've been using BlissPOP 3.7 and 3.8 as well and both were pretty rock solid. It was only recently I had problems because I insisted I try Render's kernel. The built in kernel never gave me any problems. If you're looking for lots of kernel customizations you might want to wait a bit before using Render kernel. His CAF version is still pretty new (only R2) but features will likely come with newer updates.

Oh and I've been using the stock tk GAPPS package from HERE.

Thanks for the advice. I took the plunge and flashed BlissPop 3.9 (released a couple days ago). Like you said, it got signal right away and it's been strong since.
Luckily I have all those modem, bootloader, etc files already on my usb otg flash drive, just in case I need to switch roms or run into problems while flashing.
I'll stick with the stock kernel for now, at least it comes with Kernel Adiutor built-in.
Thanks again!
16th August 2015, 06:58 PM |#975  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuixote77

Thanks for the advice. I took the plunge and flashed BlissPop 3.9 (released a couple days ago). Like you said, it got signal right away and it's been strong since.
Luckily I have all those modem, bootloader, etc files already on my usb otg flash drive, just in case I need to switch roms or run into problems while flashing.
I'll stick with the stock kernel for now, at least it comes with Kernel Adiutor built-in.
Thanks again!

Glad to hear you got it up and running. My only suggestion is to find another Camera app since the Google one just sucks. Open Camera is what I`m using....for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to pqee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2015, 07:28 PM |#976  
Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuixote77

I've gone from CloudyG2 3.3 to CloudyG2 2.2 without any patches... Are you sure it's necessary? I used the bootloader changer zip to downgrade to JB bootloader, rebooted to recovery, wiped everything and flashed nandroid backup of 2.2. Do you have any KK backups?

Anyone else know differently? I'd like to know if I'm wrong...

Thanks man it worked for me. Now I am on Miui 6. The wrong thing I was doing was flashing a KK bootloader instead of a jellybean one.
17th August 2015, 08:05 PM |#977  
DonQuixote77's Avatar
Member
Flag Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pqee

Glad to hear you got it up and running. My only suggestion is to find another Camera app since the Google one just sucks. Open Camera is what I`m using....for now.

The Moto Camera port works nicely. Nice ui, but it doesn't have hdr. Installation isn't as straightforward as something from the Play Store however.
There nice thing, if you're still running BlissPop, is that it also includes a gallery app that's very similar to the LG stock gallery app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3172783

{UpdateV2} Flashable PORT Moto Camera with libs For Stock/Aosp/CM

EDIT: Compared Moto Camera to Google camera and the LG camera port by B!gBoy in indoor no flash situations and the LG port blew the Moto port out of the water, with the Google camera coming in second. I'll be uninstalling the Moto port, but I'll keep the Moto gallery app. It's too bad, I like the UI on the Moto Camera better...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522889

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by DonQuixote77; 17th August 2015 at 09:08 PM.
28th August 2015, 03:32 PM |#978  
canadianclub's Avatar
Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Same problems here, I kept getting random reboots with Blisspop 3.9 as well so I tried the cm 12.1 pre official cm builds. Those worked well for a day before resulting in random reboots.

Wondering if the reboots have to do with an app I use that auto syncs like gmail or twitter.

I've asked about the d803 in the official q&a. Will let you all know if I hear anything. Sounds like cm should be releasing stable builds soon, hopefully the g2 is part if that.
The Following User Says Thank You to canadianclub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2015, 07:22 PM |#979  
madboymatt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Can anyone link me to the latest zip for xposed, that works for our device. I'm on cloudy and for some reason its telling me the framework is installed but not working. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
Today, 12:34 AM |#980  
DonQuixote77's Avatar
Member
Flag Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Talking Dorimanx Update!
Attention all stock-based users: Dorimanx has released an updated kernel. It's been a while since I've been on that thread, but he released it a couple weeks ago.
Sometimes I still use Cloudy 2.2, so I'll be taking it out for a spin later tonight.
Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bell, claro pr, d801, d803, lg g2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes