Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th May 2015, 03:21 PM |#111  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casseres2001

Good evening, I need help, I am trying to use the windows version of the O-Toos, bad, does not work with my Oppo Find 5 in Fastboot, my device is recognized, but when I click the button to perform the operation on partition appear several black screens CMD, very fast, with writing more, does not work at all on the device!

Are you sure you are using twrp as a recovery before running the tool? Also do you have the device recognized in the fastboot mode? Open device manager and check if all the drivers are OK. The black screens CMDs appear very fast because no commands are executed. Do write to me about:

1. The recovery that you have installed on your device (screenshot would be great so I could double check).
2. Device Manager screenshot when find5 is booted in fastboot and connected to the computer.

16th May 2015, 12:18 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine2k

Are you sure you are using twrp as a recovery before running the tool? Also do you have the device recognized in the fastboot mode? Open device manager and check if all the drivers are OK. The black screens CMDs appear very fast because no commands are executed. Do write to me about:

1. The recovery that you have installed on your device (screenshot would be great so I could double check).
2. Device Manager screenshot when find5 is booted in fastboot and connected to the computer.

Wolverine2k, thanks for your work on this program. It worked perfectly for me once I figured a couple things out (see below)...

Casseres2001, the problem is likely because you are using the program on a 64bit OS. I found that the program will run on Windows x64 but the command prompt will just briefly flash and not do anything when trying to resize the partition. I installed a copy of Vista x86 that I had lying around and it worked fine.
18th May 2015, 09:39 AM |#113  
Flag Malmö

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjaredu

Wolverine2k, thanks for your work on this program. It worked perfectly for me once I figured a couple things out (see below)...

Casseres2001, the problem is likely because you are using the program on a 64bit OS. I found that the program will run on Windows x64 but the command prompt will just briefly flash and not do anything when trying to resize the partition. I installed a copy of Vista x86 that I had lying around and it worked fine.

Thanks ibjaredu. You are probably right since the Windows version is compiled with ming32.
Cheers,
2nd June 2015, 01:04 PM |#114  
Flag Rheinberg (Duisburg)
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey wolverine2k
nice tool. Its very nice to have mor then 1GB free Space on the data partition on my Find5. Its very easy with your Tool.
One request I had as yet, can you please add to the GUI tool the default size (I mean the 2GB partion)
thx
18th June 2015, 09:09 AM |#115  
Flag Malmö

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORRPiO

Hey wolverine2k
nice tool. Its very nice to have mor then 1GB free Space on the data partition on my Find5. Its very easy with your Tool.
One request I had as yet, can you please add to the GUI tool the default size (I mean the 2GB partion)
thx

Your wish is granted SCORPiO . Updated windows build available here. Updated linux build avaialble here.

ENJOY!

Cheers!
Last edited by wolverine2k; 18th June 2015 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Updated information on Linux build availability...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolverine2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2015, 09:04 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
So this will not work on x64 windows? Asking about the otools software.
5th August 2015, 12:13 PM |#117  
Flag Malmö

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomah

So this will not work on x64 windows? Asking about the otools software.

I personally haven't tested the windows version but some threads above do suggest an issue working with 64bit version.

I would suggest to try it though. Unzip the windows build, make sure adb and fastboot are working, then run OTools with administrator privileges.

Do post the result back.
5th August 2015, 08:23 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Any chance of getting a 4GB option as well? My phone has way to much data storage with the 6GB option, but I'm left with only ~100MB of SD-card space.

Thanks in advance
AddiB
7th August 2015, 05:26 PM |#119  
Flag Malmö

Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiB

Any chance of getting a 4GB option as well? My phone has way to much data storage with the 6GB option, but I'm left with only ~100MB of SD-card space.

Thanks in advance
AddiB

Okay. I will add all the partition schemes in the tool . But can somebody please confirm if the windows build is working on Win64 with administrator privileges?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolverine2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2015, 06:44 AM |#120  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashiru

Alright, sorry you had to wait a little while longer but here it is. I'll try to make the steps as easy as possible but feel free to ask any questions if you run into problems. In this post I've collected the information of all the previous post. Thus the commands causing problems have been removed, others have been added/modified and the whole thing has been seperated phone/pc so it's a little clearer what to do. Also TWRP has been updated to the newest 2.8.0.1.

Please note: I've followed these instructions on Windows 7 with UAC turned off. I can not be held responsible for any damage you do to your device. My device is the 32 GB model but the instructions also apply to the 16 GB model.

Starting situation:

• A rooted Oppo Find 5
  • TWRP 2.8.3.0 installed on your Oppo Find 5
  • Working ADB connection with your device (see below on how to install adb and how to solve driver issues)
  • TWRP 2.8.3.0 a copy of this image on your PC (you're going to flash this after manipulating the partitions)
  • The following files from the OP cyansmoker
  • Read the FULL post before executing it and you're aware of the dangers of executing this procedure and you're aware that the last resort method only works on Windows 7
Newer versions of TWRP should work as well, but 2.8.3.0 has been confirmed to be working.

To get the ADB connection working:
  1. Download & install the ADB installer from: Snoop5's ADB Installer
  2. Download & install PDANet+ (ADB Driver, I had trouble with the original Oppo drivers)
  3. Turn on your phone and boot to Android
  4. Connect your phone to you computers, wait for the drivers to install on your computer
  5. Unlock your phone, you shoud now be prompted if you trust your computer for ABD. Tell it to remember the choice and allow access
  6. Open the Command Prompt and run the 'adb devices' command to check if the connection is working. As long as this lists your device and doesn't say untrusted you're good to go.

Before you continu: make sure you have a back-up of all the files you want to keep. This includes data on the SD-Card as this will be destroyed during the process. Please note that making a full back-up with TWRP will not guarantee that you'll be able to restore that back-up. In my case the back-up files were 1,5 GB and once I wanted to restore them the file system wouldn't accept files of this size.

Alright ready, here it goes.
Multiple users across XDA and the Oppo forums reported that all steps can be executed from the ADB shell as well and there's no need to enter any commands on your phone. I've been able to confirm this when I enlarged my partition from 4 GB to 6 GB. However some people have reported that they weren't able to use the shell anymore after entering parted. So I'll leave the guide as it is, with some commands entered through your computer, others on your phone. Those willing to attempt this from their computer probably know how. Please not that you still have to boot into recovery even when executing this procedure from your computer!

First things first, let's reboot into recovery, after that we'll double check if the connection is still trusted.
Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb devices
Because parted, mke2fs and tune2fs are included in TWRP so we won't have to push them. But just to be sure, we're gonna double check if they exists. If they don't, you won't be able to continu following these instructions. DO NOT push the versions from the zip you just downoaded 'just to be sure' as this will actually break stuff later on

On your phone, go to Advanced -> Terminal Command (you can't follow the procedure from the terminal emulator inside Android, don't even attempt to) to open the terminal and execute the following command:
Code:
ls /sbin
Now double check if the list contains mke2fs, parted and tune2fs. If not, stop now!

Now, on your phone (you'll have to manually clear the line after each command, even when successfuly executed):
Code:
umount /cache
umount /sdcard
umount /emmc
umount /data
umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
Some of these might throw a 'invalid' error, this is not a problem, this simply means those folders aren't mounted right now.

From the OP cyansmoker:

So as quoted from Cyansmoker, this guide contains the values for 4GB. I recommend 4 GB when installing Kitkat, but if you plan on installing Lollipop (now or later) go for 6 GB. Apps take up about 1,5 times more space on Lollipop due to the change from ART to Dalvik. The mkpart values for 6GB can be found in Post #54. Other than that the guide is exactly the same.

On your computer (lines starting with a # are comments, you won't have to enter these. Every line is a new command):
Code:
# Enter the adb shell
adb shell
# Open the parted shell 
parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

# remove partition 30, some people reported to have a partition 30, if it fails to remove ignore because it doesn't exist ignore it
rm 30
# rm sdcard
rm 29
# 28 thru 23 are reserved
rm 28
rm 27
rm 26
rm 25
# rm recovery
rm 24
# rm misc
rm 23
# rm cache
rm 22
# rm persist
rm 21
# rm data/emmc
rm 20

# now, re-create partitions but data is bigger
mkpart primary 1325 5421
name 20 userdata
mkpart primary 5421  5430
name 21 persist
mkpart primary 5430  5967
name 22 cache
mkpart primary 5967  5968
name 23 misc
mkpart primary 5968  5979
name 24 recovery
mkpart primary 5979  6012
name 25 reserve1
mkpart primary 6012  6019
name 26 reserve2
mkpart primary 6019 6028
name 27 reserve3
mkpart primary 6028 6062
name 28 reserve4
mkpart primary 6062MB  100%
name 29 sdcard
# exit parted shell
q
#close adb shell
exit
If everything went as it should you should now have the partitions, but some of them have to be reformatted.

From the OP cyansmoker:

The following steps are executed on your phone. Be aware that when you run a mke2fs command your phone's screen will turn off. Simply turn it back on, return to the terminal, clear the command line (it won't auto-clear) and enter the following command. I found that the screen turning off is normal and isn't an issue. Running these commands from the adb shell wouldn't work for me.
On your phone:
Code:
# Notes:
# -m 0: no reserved blocks
# -c 0: no max mount count
# -C -1: no mount count
# -i -1: max_int interval between checks
mke2fs -t ext4 -m 0 -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
tune2fs -c 0 -i -1 -C -1 /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
mke2fs -t ext4 -m 0 -L persist /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
tune2fs -c 0 -i -1 -C -1 /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
mke2fs -t ext4 -m 0 -L cache /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
tune2fs -c 0 -i -1 -C -1 /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
# Hey look it’s an ext4 SDCard!
mke2fs -t ext4 -m 0 -L sdcard /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
tune2fs -c 0 -i -1 -C -1 /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
# Actually to avoid errors like unable to write to root of sdcard we need to reformat it as fat32. If you get __bionic_open_tzdata warnings, ignore them.
mkdosfs -n sdcard -F 32 /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
From the OP cyansmoker:

On your phone:
Code:
# Mount the sdcard so we can push files to it
mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 /sdcard
On your computer:
Code:
adb push mmcblk0p21_persist_ext4.img /sdcard/
On your phone:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p21_persist_ext4.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21
The /persist partition has now been restored. We're almost there.

On with flashign the recovery.
On your computer:
Code:
adb push openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-find5.img /sdcard/
On your phone:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-find5.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p24
To admire your work and to make sure everything went as it should do the following.
On your pc:
Code:
adb shell
parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print
Now double check if you typed all the partition names correctly. If you made a mistake: follow the umount instructions again, open parted, rename the partition, quit parted, mount the sdcard on your phone again.

That's it! Reboot your phone into the newly installed recovery and install your favorite rom. (If you don't reboot you'll run into a lot of trouble when/after installing roms).

FAQ:

Q: Is this dangerous?
A: Yes. Yes, it is.

Q: Any tip?
A: Yes. Follow these instructions carefully and if something wrong happens, unless you know what you are doing, leave your device alone and come here to ask for help.

Q: Can I hold you responsible for any damage to my phone/etc?
A: As usual, the answer is 'No'

Q: I found an error in your write-up!
A: Please let me know immediately.

Q: My ADB connection stopped working somewhere during the process, what do I do now?
A: Follow the last resort method mentioned below

Q: HELP I THINK I MESSED UP MISSERABLY
A: Follow the last resort method mentioned below. A Find 5 is very hard to brick.

Q: I get mke2fs/tune2fs/parted not found errors
A: You probably pushed the versions in the ZIP file and chmodded them like the OP said, you should not have done that. Follow the instructions in this post instead.

Q: I get unmount command not found error
A: It's umount, not unmount, so without the letter n, common mistake, retry and carry on.

Q: When running mkdosfs (when using a newer version of TWRP) I get __bionic_open_tzdata messages, what do I do?
A: Ignore them, it are only warnings, not error messages so it's not an issue.

Q: I've used the last resort method and after that flashed a new ROM, now my WiFi isn't working
A: The computertool installs a very old version of ColorOS, running modem 4.1. All recent roms use modem 4.2. Download it and flash using TWRP. (Note that the modem version isn't necessarily the same version as the Android version on your device).

Q: I've followed all the steps, the data partition is now 4GB (or larger) but WiFi isn't working.
A: 2 possibilities: Something went wrong flashing the persist partition, follow the guide again. Or, most likely: You came from a very old rom using modem 4.1. All recent roms use modem 4.2. Download it and flash using TWRP. (Note that the modem version isn't necessarily the same version as the Android version on your device).

Q: My touchscreen isn't working in TWRP
A: Kallsop at the Oppo forums has ran into the same issue in post #672 on the Oppo forums. He used CWM instead of TWRP to follow the steps. Difference is you have to execute all commands from your computer (which I've not confirmed to be working yet, but according to multiple users it is possible) and use the newfs_msdos command instead of mkdosfs.

Q: Can I use ClockworkMod Recovery instead of TWRP for following this guide?
According to Kallsop at the Oppo forums in post #672 you can. Difference is that you need to execute all command from your computer (which I've not confirmed to be working yet) and use the newfs_msdos command instead of mkdosfs.

Last resort:

Credits:
  • Anders tinkered with his device’s partition table until he got to where he had grown the /userdata partition to something useable. Yes, it’s some people’s definition of “play”
  • Jousa11 is the first person trying to put a guide together explaining the steps to reproduce Anders’ work. WARNING: I did no get to see said guide as Jousa quickly deleted it due to the risks involved. So, take that in account!
  • Rockman for providing the last resort rescue tools in case you brick your phone
  • Lucky for providing the WiFi fix
  • cyansmoker for the guide in the first post, parts of his post have been copied into this one for information/warning purposes.
  • Fickx for the 'rm29-fail-due-to-partition-in-use' fix
  • joeblk for the summarized explanation
  • Daniel Azevedo Link to modem 4.1 and modem 4.2.

That's all folks, enjoy your Oppo Find 5 with 4 GB (or larger) data partition. For me it was the best thing ever to happen to my phone apart from getting the device in the first place.

- Vashiru
(Last update: 26/01/2015 20:32 GMT+1)

good day Vashiru, just wanna know if this methode will work on other devices that have same specification?and ofcourse need a little reconfiguration about the command and partition number and name.
and sincerely i ask your help to help me reconfigure my partition table to make the data bigger from stock.
here my devices partition table :
Code:
Model: MMC 016G92 (sd/mmc)
Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.8GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name      Flags
 1      67.1MB  157MB   89.6MB  fat16        modem
 2      201MB   201MB   131kB                sbl1
 3      201MB   202MB   262kB                sbl2
 4      202MB   202MB   524kB                sbl3
 5      202MB   204MB   2097kB               aboot
 6      204MB   205MB   524kB                rpm
 7      268MB   284MB   15.7MB               boot
 8      336MB   336MB   524kB                tz
 9      336MB   336MB   1024B                pad
10      336MB   339MB   3146kB               modemst1
11      339MB   342MB   3146kB               modemst2
12      342MB   343MB   1049kB               misc
13      343MB   354MB   10.5MB               splash
14      403MB   418MB   15.7MB               recovery
15      418MB   1707MB  1288MB  ext4         system
16      1707MB  4069MB  2362MB  ext4         userdata
17      4069MB  4077MB  8389kB  ext4         persist
18      4077MB  4602MB  524MB   ext4         cache
19      4602MB  4759MB  157MB   ext4         customfs
20      4765MB  4766MB  799kB                m9kefs1
21      4766MB  4766MB  799kB                m9kefs2
22      4832MB  4833MB  799kB                m9kefs3
23      4833MB  4833MB  8192B                DDR
24      4899MB  4899MB  1024B                m9kefsc
25      4899MB  15.8GB  10.9GB  fat32        grow
for your information my device is ZTE Nubia Z5S mini that have same spec with find5 except proc freq.
thank for help and sorry have to post it on this forum coz i didnt find any development forum of zte nubia z5s mini on xda.
thank in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread