Originally Posted by TDoric
Okay, I just flashed the RUU and everything works flawlessly. I am currently on TWRP 188.8.131.52.
The exact procedure I followed was:
1) restore the stock nandroid backup found on XDA
2) since the latest working link was for the 3.29.401.6, I also restored the 3.29.401.6 stock recovery
3) preform OTA update to the version 4.16.401.10 and ignore the latest one.
4) flash the 4.16.401.10 RUU using the 0P6BIMG.zip on root of SD card method
5) boot the OS and update all the apps (probably not relevant but did it anyway)
6) flash the latest TWRP using adb/fastboot
7)enjoy and have a beer!
Hopefully everybody else with the same problem resolves it the same way. Good luck guys!
So what you say is you "downgraded" to the version before the StageFright OTA and now TWRP 184.108.40.206 is working again? Two questions:
1) Aren't your steps 1 to 3 redundant? Doesn't the RUU ZIP overwrite everything anyway?
2) Is your software marked as "official" or "tampered"? We are trying to find out what causes the TWRP issue, and it is really puzzling, see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=52
---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------
Originally Posted by whiperhack
Hi, I already stated that it works on previous firmware after downgrade. I searched google and it seems that the issue is generic. On other forums is the same topic. So until new one (twrp or firmware) I stay on 220.127.116.11.
Ok, sorry, I missed that TWRP started working for you again after downgrading. Can you point me to other forums where this is being discussed? I really want to find out what causes this ...