FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

RBC Royal Bank of Canada - NFC working on root. post 24!

4,724 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,833

By TRusselo, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 11th January 2014, 02:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th August 2015, 06:34 AM |#41  
Flag Brampton, ON
Thanks Meter: 63

More
The RBC Mobile app for Android was updated to v2.7 yesterday and here's the changelog:

RBC Wallet is now available for all Android devices with OS 4.4 or higher, regardless of which mobile network you are on or which SIM card you have on your phone. You can now add any RBC Visa or Interac card to your RBC Wallet. You can view balance on all cards and accounts that you’ve added to your RBC Wallet. To help ensure our customers’ security we have disabled RBC Wallet on Android devices that have been rooted.

I have RBC Mobile installed on my rooted Google Nexus 5 but am not seeing any option for the RBC Wallet. The app does ask for root access and I think the correct response is to deny it for obvious reasons but even with RootCloak installed and configured, the RBC Wallet feature does not presently work on this device. It would be nice if someone could figure out a solution for it because I doubt that users are eager to unroot their phones just for this feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to GabbyWC For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Today, 04:25 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm having this same issue, not sure why root cloak doesn't fix it...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nfc, rbc, sim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)