[Q] Motorola Droid 4 XT894 bought in USA but only wifi is working in EU?

Search This thread

Ditteh

Dec 17, 2013
Heya.

I just bought a Global Unlocked - Motorola Droid 4 XT894 - 16GB - Black (Verizon) over Ebay from a dude in America, and i live in Europe (Denmark).
The phone works fine, except when i leave my home i have no connection at all. When im home it says wifi/3g.
When i switch from global mode to LTE/CDMA it says it cant find a carrier..
I've been reading the forum and some people says stuff about flashing etc, but I'm not very good at technical stuff so can someone please try to help me in not so tech'ish language please? :)

nagim

Nov 24, 2010
Budapest
Heya.

I just bought a Global Unlocked - Motorola Droid 4 XT894 - 16GB - Black (Verizon) over Ebay from a dude in America, and i live in Europe (Denmark).
The phone works fine, except when i leave my home i have no connection at all. When im home it says wifi/3g.
I've been reading the forum and some people says stuff about flashing etc, but I'm not very good at technical stuff so can someone please try to help me in not so tech'ish language please? :)

LTE will not work in Europe because in the USA, they are using different frequencies (Droid 4 is made for Verizon Wireless in USA only). So far, I haven't heard about any hack that can make it work.
3G should work fine.

Last edited:

doener

Dec 11, 2013
Heya.

Probably you are missing the "Patch to fully enable GSM on Verizon CDMA phones with Android"
http://www.internauta37.altervista.org/how-and-patch-fully-enable-gsm-verizon-cdma-phones-android

LTE will not wok but GSM and 3G should be fine with the patch in Europe.

Intekhab7

Sep 6, 2015
I also have a droid 4 xt894 phone using it in India, i have flashed the Patch to enable gsm from cdma, everything is working just fine but I'm not Able to use my 3g services. It remains on for about five minutes and then the Network Notifier goes blank, shows no sim card again the Network comes but no 3g! Trying to fix this but can't find a way, Please help

71evin

Oct 27, 2015
I'm using the phone in Europe with all feutures. Just install CM. The gsm patch helps but phone can work also wihtout it - calls, sms, data. With patch the phone is connecting faster to mobile network.