Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X2 beware it CORRUPUTS memory card content!

Tip us?

doministry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Default X2 beware it CORRUPUTS memory card content!

People beware!!!
This failure X2 corrupts memory cards!
Completely corrputs the content!

Sooner or later you’ll also encounter this –
confirmed by many other users!

So if you still decide to use this unreliable piece of failure,
be sure to make backups!!!!
a w a r e
SE P800 P910 P990 P1 X1 X2 X10 LG E900 Xperia Arc X10 Mini Sony Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z

coloboxp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry View Post
People beware!!!
This failure X2 corrupts memory cards!
Completely corrputs the content!

Sooner or later you’ll also encounter this –
confirmed by many other users!

So if you still decide to use this unreliable piece of failure,
be sure to make backups!!!!
Indeed,

I lost 7Gb aprox of very valuable stuff, like source code, documentation, photos, charts, music, software, video, backups, and so on..

I think i may found the pattern (kind of) because after the first corrupted memory it happend to me seeeeeveral times...

Its like if i start an app (lets say a game) that uses a lot of resources, the game is laggy and somehow it closes OR you use another app on the same time that is installed on the SD, like they crash by sharing some kind of resource... im not quite sure but at least two times after "playing" (i quote it because its mega laggy) i saw my Program Files folder EMPTY...

At least this time it doesnt f*** the whole card..

indycar
Old
Thanks Meter 72
i wonder why OP hasnt posted a single good thing bout x2

i owe it and im quite satisfied with it it hass some things that need to be fixed but otherwise i like it

the only problem i have with it is that loses the sd card sometimes but as i read its the card problem (default one that came with it) its class2 (cheap $#"$#!%%&Z&#&"%%""% provider)

alesmatusek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
indycar: You are terrible wrong! The card problem issue is the X2 problem NOT card! I try a lot of cards (differents manufacturer, size, class). The point is, that X2 automatically turn off card when you stand by device and it turn on when you wake up X2 again. I´m thinking, that this should be a "feature" to increase power managing capabilities...

doministry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycar View Post
i wonder why OP hasnt posted a single good thing bout x2

i owe it and im quite satisfied with it it hass some things that need to be fixed but otherwise i like it

the only problem i have with it is that loses the sd card sometimes but as i read its the card problem (default one that came with it) its class2 (cheap $#"$#!%%&Z&#&"%%""% provider)
Well I wrote many good things about it before.
With a decent firmware it'a decent device and the best choice!!!!!!
But current firmware is a massacre confirmed by all users so no reason for good words....

The memory card problem is completely independent from the card, happened to me with both cards!!!
a w a r e
SE P800 P910 P990 P1 X1 X2 X10 LG E900 Xperia Arc X10 Mini Sony Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z

chuinkee
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Another victim of memory card corruption. the whole content of the memory card just dissappear like*poof*. and the symtoms looks the same. system became incredably laggy all of the sudden. reboot the device and "watch your past disappear" (adapted from STFirst Contact when Borg Queen says "Watch your future ends")...

Ben

rsx19
Old
Thanks Meter 2
the weird thing about my card is that only SOME things disappeared, i had several folders on my card little by little they disappeared but the files that werent in folders stayed and never got deleted, thought the card itself did not gain/lose any memory.

3aZoOoF
Old
Thanks Meter 0
my card is fine .. nothing happened

ring-bearer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You corrupted people should try some file recovery software to recover your card content. There are plenty of free recovery programs on the internet. You'd have to stick your card into your computer and run the software on the disk. Report back if you get it to work because if could help others.
Innovate-Create-Hack

1. X1 SoftTouch
2. SoftTouch MaxKey configuration for FingerKeyboard 2.1
3. First-ever LED-triggered Xenon flash for a smartphone

doministry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring-bearer View Post
You corrupted people should try some file recovery software to recover your card content. There are plenty of free recovery programs on the internet. You'd have to stick your card into your computer and run the software on the disk. Report back if you get it to work because if could help others.
Most of my content was backed up so I will not hassle with this.
However I would love to know how to eventually format the card to
to not to slow it down...
a w a r e