Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

1,814 posts
Thanks Meter: 477
By Hellscythe, Account currently disabled on 18th March 2014, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th September 2015, 07:47 PM |#911  
Flag Espoo
Thanks Meter: 15
Thumbs down
Initially I really liked the OnePlus One, however now I kinda wish I had gone with Nexus 6 instead. Pretty much exactly 7 months after ordering my OPO died completely. The phone was plugged in and charging (initially at approx 50% battery). When I went to unplug my phone it would't react to anything. None of the button combinations to reset the phone or reboot to recovery did anything. Also plugging in the charger does absolutely nothing even though the charger works just fine.

Before this I had some issues on custom roms that I tried (SlimLP, CM12.1, Exodus): Towards the end NFC wouldn't work on any ROM, compass was always stuck pointing to south or some totally random direction on all custom ROMs, GLONASS either didn't show up at all or lost signal after a while. Also especially towards the end before phone failing I begun experiencing random reboots on all the ROMs. Granted all the ROMs were nightly/weekly alpha/beta builds yet this is still by far the most problems I've had on approx 6 Android devices that I've installed custom ROMs on.

This is also the first device that I've had that has gone absolutely dead with no response whatsoever to anything. To top it off since it's a OPO, I'll have to send it somewhere and wait for repairs/replacement. Had I bought a Nexus 6 (and had it failed), I could have simply driven to the store I bought it from and have it instantly sent for repairs.

After this experience I'm really hesitant to buy another OnePlus device no matter how good the specs will be. Of course if the warranty repair/replacement goes well enought I might still change my opinion.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread