How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

WorldCallPlaceAndTime

OP atrant

24th April 2010, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
Hi! Let me introduce a tiny app, available in English in the moment.

This program shows a small info window during incoming/outgoing call. It contents country, region, city (or mobile operator) and LOCAL TIME in that place (worldwide)!

See latest comments and screenshots on cyrket (I'm not allowed to insert links)

Detailed popup customization is supported

The phone base I collected and created (many errors there were fixed by hands) was only available in Russian, but today I released English base, made with help of Google Translate

I know, such translation is buggy (but still much better I expected). I hope you'll help me and other users to have a complete and accurate information about calls - just email me right from the program menu about any issues or comment here.

World time also changes (for example, Russia lost two time zones this March) and if you find any error - post here or email me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device1.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	315069   Click image for larger version

Name:	device2.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	315070  
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: apk WorldCallPlaceAndTime15.apk - [Click for QR Code] (152.9 KB, 233 views)
File Type: zip phones_base_en.zip - [Click for QR Code] (530.5 KB, 223 views)
24th April 2010, 12:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

48 posts
You don't need to download phone base. You may download its latest version from the app, but if you want to do it manually, unpack the zip to the sdcard's root
26th April 2010, 12:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 136

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
How accurate does it get? I don't get many international calls, but might be useful to know where a landline call from within the UK is coming from?

What happens with mobile calls from with the UK? I assume no detail at all then?
26th April 2010, 01:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

48 posts
Re: WorldCallPlaceAndTime
it covers both landline and mobile network all over the world, where it is possible to distinguish between numbers by area codes. just try =) there are more than 25000 records in the base

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
26th April 2010, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
Hi. How do you set this up?
I have placed my Country Code (00351) and set GMT to +1 and when I call from my desk to my phone, it says it's a call from India ...
26th April 2010, 05:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

48 posts
Smile
afaik, country code cant starts with zeros. Please, provide full number (you may hide last four digits) and right country for you I'll check and write settings here
26th April 2010, 05:32 PM   |  #7  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 136

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Erm, I think techinally it either starts with two zeros, or a + but you're asking for a single number?

For example, UK is either 0044 or +44
26th April 2010, 06:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

48 posts
wow. That is new for me. I know that with one leading zero start local calls. And you say two zeros replace + . hmmm. try left country code blank, that may help, I think. and if not, please, type whole number without four last digits
26th April 2010, 10:22 PM   |  #9  

318 posts
Not sure if this is already obvious but as there seems some uncertainty. AIUI the correct way to state an international number is to prefix it with +. To make a call, the plus sign is replaced with the two (or sometimes three or four) digit international access code which depends on the country one is placing the call from. For Europe this is 00, for the States, 011 etc.
27th April 2010, 11:20 AM   |  #10  

41 posts
I'm in Portugal, and my number is +35193233xxxx. I have tried leaving it blank, but by default leaves a 7... tried with 00351, with 351 and when calls are incoming still stays it's from India.
I'll wait for further clarification and if nothing happens I'll un-install it.
By the way, it doesn't let me use the +.
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call, place, time, world
Previous Thread Next Thread