[ROM][CM10.1] Mazout's CM10.1 weeklies! [0324]

Search This thread

dgabriel

Feb 2, 2008
Hawaii
Went ahead and installed this for my G2X (since I am going to use it as a mini-tablet only). Only problem I have thus far is that my internal SD won't mount. Whenever I run an app that needs it (like Dropbox), I get an error that the device has no SD card. I can't even take a screenshot. It reports an error storing it on the internal SD.

The steps I installed this ROM are as follows:

1) Ran Volk's AIO Wiper.
2) Installed ROM.

This a completely fresh install.

Anything I miss here?

I have this problem as well with the internal SD not mounting. I went as far as tearing it all off and re flashing from nothing...

SpaceRanger69

Jun 1, 2006
I never found a solution either. Wound up going back to CM7.2 for the device.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

xBkKx

Sep 30, 2011
ROM is over two years old and had no call or texting function outside WiFi I don't think you're going to have any luck acquiring it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.1 "WEEKLIES"!
    Screenshot_2013_01_21_17_01_25.png
    Screenshot_2013_01_21_17_18_16.png
    Screenshot_2013_01_21_17_18_41.png
    This ROM aims at bringing to the G2X community what it deserves : a fully working jellybean (this is NOT the hackfest) build based on CM10.1 (android 4.2.1). I wanted this powerful device to get the very best, and now it will get the most recent android system, updated whenever I will have some time to. Never again, we will wait for LG to update this device.
    As most of you know, the radio doesn't work, which means no calls/SMS on CM10/10.1. That is why I adapted a dual boot system (based on bihariel's work) for this device.​

WHY DUAL BOOT?
    With dual booting, you can choose between two ROMS and change from one to another in less than 20 seconds!
    You can change to CM10.1 to...
    - Feel what it means to have a buttery smooth device
    - Play games
    - Make free WIFI calls (US and Canada) with GrooveIP lite
    - Use the most recent android OS.
    When you're on the go, change to a CM7/CM9/CM10 (hackfest) ROM...
    - FAST!
    - Without altering the CM10.1 files
    - To make phone calls and receive SMS

DISCLAIMER
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE of any damages to your device related to the use of this ROM or the dualboot toolkit. You do this at your own risk. Even though this has been tested and works well, using NVFLASH may brick your device if done incorrectly.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    This ROM comes in two flavours: The dualboot toolkit or the Original flashable ROM

Dualboot ROM Instructions
    WARNING! NVFLASH will format EVERYTHING, including internalSD. Make sure you backup your important files on your externalSD card
    PART 1 - Resizing system partition
    1) Unzip the dualboot toolkit and unzip NVFLASH_Resizer-G2X.zip.
    2) Power off your phone and remove the battery. Keep vol. up and vol. down held and plug the phone via USB to a WINDOWS computer.
    3) Windows should add an "APX driver". Go to control panel -> Device manager and right click on it -> Update driver -> search in system. Then, browse to the drivers folder inside the NVFLASH package and choose nvidiausb.inf. Approve any error messages (Windows 8 users read my FAQ). Install the Nvidia Fastboot driver.
    4) Unplug your phone and hold down vol.up and vol.down. Replug it again and double click on flash.bat inside the NVFLASH folder. KEEP BOTH BUTTONS HELD DOWN DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS!.
    5) When NVFLASH is done, unplug the phone and put back the battery. Reboot into recovery with power + vol. down. Plug it back and go to mounts and storage -> mount USB storage. If your PC asks to format the internal SD card, select yes.​

PART 2 - Installing ROMS
    1) Download the desired "call/SMS" ROM and extract boot.img from it's flashable zip. Rename it to boot1.img. Extract Step3_bootimg.zip from the dualboot toolkit and copy-paste boot1.img into system/boot, replacing the file that is already there. Repack Step3_bootimg.zip.
    2) Copy-paste your desired ROM into the 0dualboot folder and send it to your device SDcard with everything it contains (your device should already be in the "mount USB storage" menu).
    3) From the recovery, flash Step1_enabler.zip. When the screen goes black, hold power + vol. down to get back into recovery.
    4) Flash your desired ROM, then Step2_ROM1.zip. Reboot to the OS.
    5) You should have a Systemchanger app. Open it, click on "Switching" and give root permissions. When the screen goes black (again...), hold power + vol. down to get into recovery.
    6) Flash ROM2.zip and Step3_Bootimg.zip and reboot in the OS
    And there you go! To switch from one OS to another, just open the systemchanger app and click on "switching"!
    Credits to bihariel for the original method. See the original thread here.

Original flashable zip ROM instructions
    1) Boot into recovery with power + vol. down
    2) Wipe data/cache, then mounts and storage -> format system
    3) Flash this ROM
    4) Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions
    5) Reboot and enjoy!​

Special trick : In settings, go to About phone and click 6 times on Build number. This will pop up the developer and performances options. In performances options, CPU settings, change the governor from INTERACTIVE to SMARTASSV2.

Download links
    ROM with DUALBOOT Toolkit ***BETA***
    DOWNLOAD HERE!

Original flashable ZIP (For single boot)
    DOWNLOAD HERE!

Credits and thanks
    See my original thread here for the full list!
    Thanks to bihariel for the original method for the Optimus 2X which I adapted for the P999. Great job!
    Special thanks to Core Memory for helping me start this project​
    I'm back! Thanks for your patience!

Okay so I'm uploading my new build from CM10.1 (based on android 4.2.2) sources, along with the dualboot toolkit. Just like the last one, it has been tweaked and service.jar has already been patched to support V6 supercharger. Boot errors and force closes are also fixed and the radio is silenced. The phone app has been replaced by GrooveIP (Free calls in Canada/US).

Oh, it also includes my latest CM10 kernel (V0122), of course :p

See the official CM logs for full changelog. Please report any ROM-related issues clearly and with as much details as possible.

Now that my GB kernel and this ROM has been updated, I will start working on the hackfest sources if you guys want another PA build from tonyp or any other ROM based on ICS/JB with the radio working.

EDIT: Links are up
    Thanks to everybody who offered to help me, I really appreciate this! Sadly, I will have to delay the GB kernel development, mostly because of what happened to my device yesterday. I, of course, do not want this to happen to any beta tester and I am skeptical about the stability of 3.0.y kernels on GB, so for now I'm letting down the idea of continuing Harsh's kernel and will probably begin with linux 2.6. In most cases this should not have a big incidence over performance and functionalities.
    As for beta testing, I had over 20 users offering their help, Thanks! If you have any suggestions or need a bug to be fixed, please PM me with a complete description of the problem and as much info as you can.
    CM10.1 beta testers, I will keep all of you. You will receive some info from me as soon as an interesting nightly will be out and I will start making the second build. Again, for those who are using CM10.1 as a daily driver, your suggestions are welcome! One thing: No, for as far as I know, photosphere is still not compatible for our device.
    I also want to thank this community for not harassing me repeatedly by filling my message box with demands for ETAs. I have a ROM and two kernels (soon) to maintain, and the radio issue to deal with, and it's only a pastime after all. I'm not at all working as a computer engineer or a programmer. I'm literally doing as much as I can right now.
    Dang, was hoping to try out a new kernel,guess I could try Harshes kernel, oh well thanks for all the work.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Hey hey don't lose hope, I'm working on it now. I prefer to release a kernel that works well rather than giving you something botched or, even worse, a build that could brick your device.
    any update on status of rom?

Yeah I've been without internet connectivity for the past month. I'll get back on this project ASAP