Thanks Meter: 36

By se1961, Junior Member on 8th January 2014, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2015, 02:29 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW1975

I've tried to install CM11 but I keep getting Status 7 errors,.. I double checked and I am working with the Ovation version,.. is there any possibility that my Nook HD+ isn't Ovation? Is there anything I can do?

Most likely you used a wrong (older) version of CWM recovery; flashing CM11 requires CWM v6.0.4.5 or newer. For more info/pointers, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679899.

12th January 2015, 02:35 AM |#232  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,862

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW1975

I've tried to install CM11 but I keep getting Status 7 errors,.. I double checked and I am working with the Ovation version,.. is there any possibility that my Nook HD+ isn't Ovation? Is there anything I can do?

You are probably using too old a version of CWM. CM11 requires version 6045 or newer.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
25th March 2015, 11:19 AM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm planning to root a nook HD 7 inch. is version 10.1.3 the most stable?
25th March 2015, 03:28 PM |#234  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atisha

I'm planning to root a nook HD 7 inch. is version 10.1.3 the most stable?

In my opinion, yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
27th March 2015, 07:27 AM |#235  

More
Hi
I've been trying to install cm10.1.3 into my nook hd, I'm stuck at booting from card. It keeps booting unto stock. It's my tenth or more time of trying. Tried with Sandisk 1gb, and 8 gb card but to no avail. Now I'm downloading cm11 elements hoping to have better luck. Is there any other way to root it?
I had previously tried with hd plus with cm11 and it was a breeze. But this nook hd is very stubborn. I took a day off to do this and half day it's gone
Would need to pick up my toddler very soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

And I even printed off your thread, and followed it to heart.

27th March 2015, 03:07 PM |#236  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atisha

Hi
I've been trying to install cm10.1.3 into my nook hd, I'm stuck at booting from card. It keeps booting unto stock. It's my tenth or more time of trying. Tried with Sandisk 1gb, and 8 gb card but to no avail. Now I'm downloading cm11 elements hoping to have better luck. Is there any other way to root it?
I had previously tried with hd plus with cm11 and it was a breeze. But this nook hd is very stubborn. I took a day off to do this and half day it's gone
Would need to pick up my toddler very soon.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

And I even printed off your thread, and followed it to heart.

Usually the HD is easy to get the CWM SD to boot. Are you sure you are using the right HD files?

11th April 2015, 03:36 PM |#237  

More
Very sure I did. Anyway I gave up rooting it and just present to my father in law who seems happy with it. Unable to use what's app but I hope messenger will do just fine. Maybe that item is not root-able hence on eBay auction. A cheeky seller who described it as ten inch hd plus when it's hd nook seven inch. Cost of sending back makes it not worthwhile to return. But seven inch has its merit- it's easier to handle with one hand.

1st October 2015, 05:27 PM |#238  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a Nook HD+ I've been using for awhile and I'm getting kind of fed up with the stock OS they put on it. I thought from the very beginning of reflashing or rooting it, but did not want to take the time and effort at that point. Things are now reaching a point where I'm ready to make the plunge.

So I ran across this thread, which provides directions that I understand fairly well. I've done a lot of flashing of routers with DD-WRT and OpenWRT, plus I've rooted a couple of iphones. So a lot of the basics of what's at stake here are familiar to me. I do have to adapt directions like these since they seem usually to be written for Windows users, whereas I have no Windows machines and run only GNU/Linux--but I can usually grok GNU/Linux equivalencies pretty readily.

The problem I'm confronting at the moment, though, as I consider doing this more seriously, is getting up to speed with the latest developments for this device. This thread was created over a year ago, so I assume some of the directives will be outdated with subsequent developments. As a case in point, when I look at the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600572, which is linked to from here, I see discussions about 12.1 as opposed to 11, and indications of how the process of flashing a new image for this device has become less convoluted. I also see references to using TWRP on the Nook HD+. In short, there's a lot to digest, which leaves me uncertain how/where to start, and in a bit of confusion.

As a preliminary request, then, I'd like to ask if there's some location where the latest developments for this (already dated) device are summarized?

LATER ADDITION: I also note that the Google apps thread linked to from here is now closed. Some digging through that thread did produce a URL where I thought I might find a downloadable file, but if I'm understanding correctly the files at that link are not for Kit-Kat (they're labeled 5.1, not 4.4). So that part of these directives has apparently become invalid.

EVEN LATER ADDITION: This seems to be the resource I'm looking for: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nook...9#post63086928
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)