FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Psa: DO NOT TAKE OTAs after updating to kitkat leak (nc2)

3,327 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,644

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 23rd April 2014, 01:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2015, 01:32 PM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

Yes... unfortunately, there's no current working root method for anything above 4.4.2 on our Verizon Note 3's.

Thanks mattnmag!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

30th September 2015, 10:19 PM |#362  

More
Dang , that sucks! I wish someone could inject root into the stock odin tar file that can be flashed . I don't even know if that is possible , but if someone took the N900VVRUEOB6.tar file , extracted it , and put the root files in place . Re-compressed it and flashed it . Wonder what would happen .

Just a thought . I am not smart enough to figure that out , but I bet someone is! .. If possible!

Thanks guys!
30th September 2015, 11:02 PM |#363  
Flag CIncinnati
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan9987

Dang , that sucks! I wish someone could inject root into the stock odin tar file that can be flashed . I don't even know if that is possible , but if someone took the N900VVRUEOB6.tar file , extracted it , and put the root files in place . Re-compressed it and flashed it . Wonder what would happen .

Just a thought . I am not smart enough to figure that out , but I bet someone is! .. If possible!

Thanks guys!

I believe that would change the signature of the OS and cause odin to fail because its not recognized. Plus it would change the file size if it checks that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Borderpatrol1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Borderpatrol1987 Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 04:26 PM |#364  

More
It doesn't sound like 4.4.4 or 5.0 will ever get a root method ... So I am looking for another device. I love the Galaxy Note's .... but not if I can't root them! What is a good device ? I am with Verizon . What do you all recommend ? One that can obviously be rooted ?

Thanks all!
7th October 2015, 03:04 PM |#365  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,199

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan9987

It doesn't sound like 4.4.4 or 5.0 will ever get a root method ... So I am looking for another device. I love the Galaxy Note's .... but not if I can't root them! What is a good device ? I am with Verizon . What do you all recommend ? One that can obviously be rooted ?

Thanks all!

Moto x pure or nexus. They can both be unlocked and rooted. And work on vzw.

http://kryon.smugmug.com/Purenexus/i...Nbanner5x1.png
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)