8th October 2015, 04:45 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mandeville
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txv0

Were you ever able to get it to work?

unfortunately no i didnt. ive moved from the g2 on to the g3 for quite awhile now.

8th October 2015, 05:38 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3al_0g

unfortunately no i didnt. ive moved from the g2 on to the g3 for quite awhile now.

ah damn, ya i just wanted to use the google dialer instead of the stock one but im getting the same error you were. are you using the google dialer on your g3?
8th October 2015, 08:16 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mandeville

More
Quote:

ah damn, ya i just wanted to use the google dialer instead of the stock one but im getting the same error you were. are you using the google dialer on your g3?

nope. using a G4 port. the google dialer is so much better but i couldnt get it to work.
10th October 2015, 09:42 AM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3al_0g

nope. using a G4 port. the google dialer is so much better but i couldnt get it to work.

i just tried it with the lollipop dialer and it works!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/t...overy-t3197351
The Following User Says Thank You to txv0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txv0 Ad-Free
10th October 2015, 02:50 PM |#35  
Flag calcutta
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:

i just tried it with the lollipop dialer and it works!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/t...overy-t3197351

That dialer pops up along with the stock dialer. I manually pushed the apk in priv app fodder and face permissions in my ZenFone 5.
I have a question. What if we collected all the necessary apks (dialer, contacts, telephony etc) from stock lollipop and replaced the stock ones with those, with proper permissions of course. Well it work flawlessly then?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using xda Forums PRO
10th October 2015, 02:58 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mandeville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skghosh.mail

That dialer pops up along with the stock dialer. I manually pushed the apk in priv app fodder and face permissions in my ZenFone 5.
I have a question. What if we collected all the necessary apks (dialer, contacts, telephony etc) from stock lollipop and replaced the stock ones with those, with proper permissions of course. Well it work flawlessly then?

its worth a shot. try it and post your results
10th October 2015, 04:22 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Deleted
10th October 2015, 05:41 PM |#38  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skghosh.mail

It might but i dont think so. I havent heard of anyone successfully replacing the stock dialer as there are probably a lot of things that have to be reworked. Them again maybe no one has ever tried.
10th October 2015, 08:36 PM |#39  
Flag calcutta
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I am willing to try it out after taking a full nandroid backup. Can someone please provide me with all the necessary stock Google apks associated with phone calls and contacts. I don't have a Nexus device so please help. Simply extract them and share. One more thing, they should be from sdk 21, meaning lollipop5 and not 5.1 , thanks.

P.s. asus contacts and phone apps suck big-time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)