Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

OP N2A

8th March 2010, 04:30 PM   |  #1291  
Flag Ross Vegas
Thanks Meter: 0

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2A

Hey, nobody said this came with any warranties :P

To be honest, I wrote this a long time ago. The code still works server side, I haven't verified it with any new releases. To be honest, I retired my HTC TyTN, and moved up to a Nokia N900. If anyone wants to take over maintaining it, they're welcome to.

The thread isn't useless though, seems it works for a lot of people still.

All I can suggest is take the htchome.dll from your own device, patch it (if my patcher will work), and reinstall it - that shouldn't cause any hard resets, but I can't guarantee it won't, either.

N900 is where im going come pay day

wandered through this thread after the weather just decided to stop working on my touch pro - i reckon t-mobile uk is blocking it or something though cos it no longer works on any rom ive flashed (bout 5 different ones now) - but going to the n2a server url in the browser resuts in the desired xml, so maybe its some network config cockup on the device (straight after fresh flashes though? maybe its due to bad t-mobile auto-conf data?) - who knows, im fed up with it now

anyone else had a similar problem?

cheers
fusi
25th March 2010, 02:58 PM   |  #1292  

2 posts
HTC S740
Is there any site with with running weathertranslate.php? Because this is only way for my S740. Or not?

I uploaded this file to my site at and it works from browser, but I don't know a way how to access, resp. how to redirect htc . accuweather . com directly to this address. (I have to use name, not IP). Is it possible?
27th April 2010, 08:22 PM   |  #1293  
Thanks Meter: 30

351 posts
More
I send a email to HTC but that didnt help there tip. but i got it working again.
This is how i did it, go to settings-> open the tab where you can set bluetooth and WLAN there i open connection, dont know it in english becouse i have it in dutch. you can change setting for your roaming provider -> open here menu -> database update -> there i take manual database update, i did several times.
After that it worked angain finaly after 2 months of no weather. sorry for my bad englis becouse it is not my native language. if you dont understand leave post and i try to help. don't know if this helps for everybody.

Greetz john
28th April 2010, 02:22 PM   |  #1294  
Flag Johnson City, TN

26 posts
More
Weather only updates on Wi-Fi
Until yesterday morning my weather worked perfectly on 3G H, GPRS, EDGE, and Wi-Fi. Now it will only update on Wi-Fi. I know the server and URL are working since it updates at all. Is it possible the server is blocking connections from the AT&T APN or AT&T is blocking access to the server? If I type the server address in a browser it connects though and points to this thread. I have made no registry changes. I have NetCF 3.5 and SDK Certs installed. The only browsers I use are PIE and Opera.

Cell Pro ROM WWE 5.5.51881 1-20-10
Manilla v 2.1.19202517.0
Radio 4.49.25.0

Thanks,
Dan
26th June 2010, 09:31 PM   |  #1295  
Flag Schamumburg, Illinois

3 posts
More
Hi. I have the HTC Touch Po 2 CDMA thhrough US Cellular. Weather App would only work through wi-fi not phone data service (GPRS ?) Tried many of the fixes, virtually all the ROMs from stock to custom. Nothing worked. Many of the various fixes seemed to "mess" up my phone causing me to do a hard reset. Enabled and disable HTC location. Too many changes to list. Gave up. However, used the phone for a couple of days with google maps and bing navigation programs. All of a weather app started working on it's own. Navigation programs seem to have done something that the various fixes couldn't. Suggestion I have is to use the phone with navigation software for a couple of days. US Cellular said this was an issue with the Touch Pro 2. And they may have a fix in a couple of months. Maybe it will also work. Not saying this is an educated suggestion. Just describing what happened with me.
21st August 2010, 10:50 AM   |  #1296  
Flag Shenzhen

28 posts
More
I've got wrong weather informations of my city - Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. Displayed weather information is another town SHENZHENZHEN, Zhejiang, China. Weather city code is totaly diffrent: Shenzhen (my city) is ASI|CN|CH006|SHENZHEN; but Shenzhenzhen is ASI|CN|CH013|SHENZHENZHEN. But the xda weather server maybe use wrong place weather source, I mean use Shenzhenzhen (someone not type word ZHEN wich means Town) to relace Shenzhen City. I edited my manila weather city code on my HTC HD2 many times, but no effect.
So I have no idea how to resolve this problem. Thanks.
18th August 2011, 07:48 PM   |  #1297  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colne, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 5

514 posts
More
Unhappy Server termination
Just to let you all know, I'm going to be shutting down this server shortly I'm afraid, as I'm wrapping up the hosting business associated with it, and moving everything over to an alternate system.

I hope it's been of use to you all over the years, and it was fun while it lasted. The code is on several other people's servers now I believe, so it'll live on, as long as the forecastfox/accuweather feed continues to work in the same way.

May see you guys around again if I ever return to a HTC or Android device... but for now, I'm holding off until I figure out what device I want. Since the N900, nothing else has really wowed me - with the possibly exception of the N9, but I'm not hugely hopeful for it as Nokia seem determined to kill it.

Anyway, I digress.

So long, and thanks for all the fish! ;)
18th August 2011, 10:01 PM   |  #1298  
Flag Ross Vegas

277 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thank You!

(i too moved to n900 ;D)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread