Task29 working on touchpro/fuze **confirmed**

Does this make flashing a new ROM easier for your?

• Total voters
Search This thread

pspmasterx

Jul 19, 2009
This is awesome!!

This tool is super awesome my fuze is running like new since cleaning it out! thnx! ps. sorry for the caps in the title i got excited

homes315

May 19, 2009
Huntingtown
This worked but I don't understand how you skipped the hard reset, can you just do a regular reset after the flash is done? A little clarification for noobs would be awesome.

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
This worked but I don't understand how you skipped the hard reset, can you just do a regular reset after the flash is done? A little clarification for noobs would be awesome.

They're just saying that it isn't necessary to do a hard reboot after the flash and the first bootup (at the alignment screen). Personally, I did the HR anyway. It only takes a couple minutes, anyway.

gratian556

Feb 1, 2009
If you get tired of reflashing bootscreen or radio each time, just use mtty utility with the task29 command. I use it all the time on windows xp and it works a treat! Much faster than the flash a small nbh method.;)

So you don't lose data? You said to insert Mirco SD can I use USB Rom install method?

yes you do lose data... this is like flashing a new ROM, if you don't backup your data/settings/tweaks they will be GONE... this is just a PRE-FLASH step... do this BEFORE flashing your next ROM, so that your ROM is installed on a "freshly wiped partition" it eliminates some errors caused by constantly flashing new ROMs and files being corrupted because of installing OVER things, which sometimes gives strange errors to an otherwise perfect ROM.

DannyFenton

Dec 19, 2009
yes you do lose data... this is like flashing a new ROM, if you don't backup your data/settings/tweaks they will be GONE... this is just a PRE-FLASH step... do this BEFORE flashing your next ROM, so that your ROM is installed on a "freshly wiped partition" it eliminates some errors caused by constantly flashing new ROMs and files being corrupted because of installing OVER things, which sometimes gives strange errors to an otherwise perfect ROM.

Aw Crap......I already flashed it but I backed up using Sprite so I am hoping nothing goes wrong.I hope I did it how I had to do it lol hope my whole MicroSD is not emptied.:eek:

DannyFenton

Dec 19, 2009
Worked great restored and good to go but will flash new one seen NRG Stable Rom is way better then his Beta Rom.

runwitme

Jul 29, 2009
well hopefully i did this right .. after doing task 29 i get stuck at splash screen so i soft reset and held power and vol down and got to tri color .. from there i flashed energy's may 2 rom since i was having freezing problems with it b4 i did the task 29 .. so we'll see how it goes .. :D

well hopefully i did this right .. after doing task 29 i get stuck at splash screen so i soft reset and held power and vol down and got to tri color .. from there i flashed energy's may 2 rom since i was having freezing problems with it b4 i did the task 29 .. so we'll see how it goes .. :D

yup, that's the process... good luck w/the freezing issues, let us know how it goes!

funfair

Jan 29, 2009
I've just used Task29 and it worked as described. Flashed the bootscreen with T29, went into bootloader, flashed radio, went into bootloader, flashed rom. Using the latest EnergyROM and it feels a little smoother now.