[Q] Root for VM LG Volt

Search This thread

harrison1977

Aug 6, 2015
BOSTON
Sprint lg volt successfully rooted

Ive been looking for a new root and so far got nothin. Im getting frustrated and wish towelroot would update for the new lg volt version...

I successfully rooted a Sprint lg volt using the same method as my lg F60 metropcs (thank you unjustified dev) search new root method LG ms395 need pc I'm a newb but successfully rooted using the method by unjustified dev
Happy rooting...Harry

herb12

Jun 4, 2015
Bliss Pop

You can use Blisspop which has su and looks good! This is the unofficial version for the LG Volt, this already has su on it.

Link: androidforums.com/threads/blisspop-v4-0-1-x5-unofficial.923169/

Disclamer: I DID NOT make this software, this is a unofficial version for the LG Volt. There may be some problems, but it works great for me!:cyclops:

Meatus67

Oct 12, 2015
I've seen this on sale for $40 today. I just want something with an SD slot which I can use as a MP3 player and in my Pip-Boy. Is this a decent buy?

JOSEPHXP2

Oct 31, 2015
I know one that will work

Has anyone rooted the virgin mobile (or boost mobile) LG Volt let? If so how? I've tried several ways, Kingo Root, using adb to push the SU binary, ioroot update in recovery, etc.... love the phone just really need to root it.
Edit: VRoot also doesn't work, testing more methods
Thanks in advance

you can do kingroot.com worked for mine

ja1124

Jan 29, 2020
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
I have an LG Volt LS740 that I purchased from TextNow. (TextNow is a low cost re-marketer of Sprint cellular service.) TextNow made the phone obsolete for use with TextNow with an update to the TextNow app that was rolled out February 2, 2020.

I tried the One Click Root solution found elsewhere in XDA forum posts, which did not work for my phone. Neither the GUI nor the script worked. Both got stuck at 75%. Neither could find the phone after I switched the phone to download mode.

Kingroot worked! At first I tried the earliest version, which did not work. Then I upgraded to the latest and it worked. I confirmed the root with Root Checker.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you guys been able to get full root with this app? I can get get supersu to install correctly ?

Sent from my LGLS740 using XDA Free mobile app
    Another thread on the androidforums.com saya installing the SuperSU apk from the xda-developers thread worked fine...not sure if it is the lg f90 or volt it worked on...Another on the same thread said it didn't work for them...They were wondering if it was Virgin Mobile causing the issue...

EDIT:
    At this point, the SuperSU in Play Store has been updated (Version >= v2.00) so that it works properly with our devices.
    I did it!

Another thread on the androidforums.com saya installing the SuperSU apk from the xda-developers thread worked fine...not sure if it is the lg f90 or volt it worked on...Another on the same thread said it didn't work for them...They were wondering if it was Virgin Mobile causing the issue...

YEEEEEHAWWW I did it! i installed the version of supersp in the zip file here: http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip and tada it worked!

To recap install and run the apk here: http://towelroot.com/
    Then install the version of supersu listed above.
    It's the LS740ZV4 update that's the problem.

Sent from my LGLS740 using XDA Premium HD app

Is there an easier way to root this phone?
    The current process of reverting back to rv3 and flashing rv4 has too many steps and seems risky for a novice.

I have a galaxy note2 that also runs on 4.4.2 that was hard to root, but someone has released a variant of the towel root, called ghetto root.
    Could someone make use of the same technique to do a easier root for the Volt?
    Has anyone found the solution?

Solution to what, rooting this phone?

If so, follow the instructions in the guide linked below. It may seem intimidating at first, it definitely did to me, but by just following along closely, it is easy and painless, just might be a little bit time consuming. If you have questions or something confuses you, NEVER be afraid to ask, we're all here to help.

If not, what are you looking for a solution to?

http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-rooting-guide-for-volt-ls740-zv3-4-5.893332/
    Rooting LG Volt v5

Hey Guys! I know I'm a noob and whatnot, but i did find an easy way to root the phone.

There's a website called, "Kingroot" (I'm not trying to advertise, it's legit)

You go on the website on your phone, download the apk, hit root, and wait like 2 minutes, then your phone will be rooted.

I tried this yesterday, and now I'm rooted. I downloaded Root Checker to verify, and i am.

So, if you want to root, try that, I assure you it works, and it's free. :D

(I've included some screenshots of the apps, and of root checker to show you that it does in fact, work.