15th October 2015, 04:57 PM |#61  
Flag Savannah
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Still doesn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHawk

@RavingMiniac go to post #55 for visual

Followed the video to the exact detail, rooted phone using all the items he used, edited file with SQLite editor just like he did, and every single time the AT&T APN keeps reappearing and the phone still won't send photos, won't connect to 4G or LTE, drops calls when dialing and the best signal I can get outside of WiFi is "E" with one or two bars.

POS paperweight that lights up is all this thing is. Thanks for the advice though.

15th October 2015, 10:13 PM |#62  
Flag Brick City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMiniac

Followed the video to the exact detail, rooted phone using all the items he used, edited file with SQLite editor just like he did, and every single time the AT&T APN keeps reappearing and the phone still won't send photos, won't connect to 4G or LTE, drops calls when dialing and the best signal I can get outside of WiFi is "E" with one or two bars.

POS paperweight that lights up is all this thing is. Thanks for the advice though.

Ok go back to your APN settings hit the menu button then click reset to default
Then put whatever apn you want to put there in and hit save.
then go to your root explorer, data, then data again, com.android.providers.telephony
databases,telephony.db that should open the sqlite editor
hit carriers then go to the apn that you've created and change the following
type: default,mms,supl
defaultsetting: 0
usercreatesetting: 0
save and reboot
you should then be able to go back to the APN that you created and nothing should be greyed out
Also you should be able to send and receive pixs Amigo
16th October 2015, 09:26 PM |#63  
Flag Savannah
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Still nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHawk

Ok go back to your APN settings hit the menu button then click reset to default
Then put whatever apn you want to put there in and hit save.
then go to your root explorer, data, then data again, com.android.providers.telephony
databases,telephony.db that should open the sqlite editor
hit carriers then go to the apn that you've created and change the following
type: default,mms,supl
defaultsetting: 0
usercreatesetting: 0
save and reboot
you should then be able to go back to the APN that you created and nothing should be greyed out
Also you should be able to send and receive pixs Amigo

Tried your advice step by step and nothing same results. A friend suggested that my software being out of date current version (E98020h) and it should be (E98020i) may have something to do with the phone being so defiant.

I called LG and was told basically that AT&T owns the update even though it's LG's software. Called AT&T who stated based on my IMEI info, my phone was purchased from a member who walked away from a contract they would not provide any assistance with the phone updates. This phone is locked to AT&T and basically useless, even though I own it now, until that amount is paid off to AT&T they will not allow it to be used.

I tried to use TWRP and CWM to conduct a ROM installation thinking I could bypass the whole thing. Got the phone rooted successfully already, but when I tried to install a ROM it appears that AT&T locked access to the recovery menu because the phone just shuts down and sits on the LG logo without booting until you pull the battery and start again. So off to the firing range next week to see what it feels like to empty a magazine in my worthless LG paperweight.
17th October 2015, 05:25 AM |#64  
Flag Brick City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMiniac

Tried your advice step by step and nothing same results. A friend suggested that my software being out of date current version (E98020h) and it should be (E98020i) may have something to do with the phone being so defiant.

I called LG and was told basically that AT&T owns the update even though it's LG's software. Called AT&T who stated based on my IMEI info, my phone was purchased from a member who walked away from a contract they would not provide any assistance with the phone updates. This phone is locked to AT&T and basically useless, even though I own it now, until that amount is paid off to AT&T they will not allow it to be used.

I tried to use TWRP and CWM to conduct a ROM installation thinking I could bypass the whole thing. Got the phone rooted successfully already, but when I tried to install a ROM it appears that AT&T locked access to the recovery menu because the phone just shuts down and sits on the LG logo without booting until you pull the battery and start again. So off to the firing range next week to see what it feels like to empty a magazine in my worthless LG paperweight.

What does it say when you try to update the software?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

@RavingMiniac and BTW it has nothing to do with you being on 20h
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)