FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 ND8 (ND8 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

4,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,825
 
By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 18th May 2014, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2015, 07:57 PM |#91  
Zin0's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mount Airy
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
If anyone happens to have a 32GB pit file, could they share it? Most of the links I found for them are dead.
 
 
19th October 2015, 07:20 AM |#92  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Having trouble recovering to stock with this tool. I keep seeing this error....

Error in Odin

Please advise.
26th October 2015, 06:39 AM |#93  
Zin0's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mount Airy
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zin0

If anyone happens to have a 32GB pit file, could they share it? Most of the links I found for them are dead.

I was given a working link to the 16 GB and 32 GB pit files. Check here
10th May 2016, 07:07 AM |#94  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This one-click is a work of art rwilco12, thank you! Unfortunately, I'm still dead. The story:

SPH-L710 16GB, flashed cm12.1 a few months back and the phone started having problems.
Flashed back to stock 4.4.2 (ND8), but it took a dump a couple weeks later, no luck since.
Standard boot brings up SAMSUNG, then goes dead after a minute or two.
I can boot to Download mode but every version of Odin I've tried dies at Initialization...
Except this one! This one makes it to
Get PIT for mapping...
All threads completed (succeed 0 /failed 1)

I suspect a bad PIT (but I'm pretty newb).
I've tried flashing a pit file with the ND8 but still dies at Initialization. Different cables, USB ports, Odin versions, always run as admin, same result.

I have an identical phone 4.4.2 stock fully functional if I can borrow from that in any way.

Ideas?
Thanks!
10th May 2016, 04:35 PM |#95  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 37,687
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslavik

This one-click is a work of art rwilco12, thank you! Unfortunately, I'm still dead. The story:

SPH-L710 16GB, flashed cm12.1 a few months back and the phone started having problems.
Flashed back to stock 4.4.2 (ND8), but it took a dump a couple weeks later, no luck since.
Standard boot brings up SAMSUNG, then goes dead after a minute or two.
I can boot to Download mode but every version of Odin I've tried dies at Initialization...
Except this one! This one makes it to
Get PIT for mapping...
All threads completed (succeed 0 /failed 1)

I suspect a bad PIT (but I'm pretty newb).
I've tried flashing a pit file with the ND8 but still dies at Initialization. Different cables, USB ports, Odin versions, always run as admin, same result.

I have an identical phone 4.4.2 stock fully functional if I can borrow from that in any way.

Ideas?
Thanks!

Sounds like you have a bad battery to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2016, 08:32 PM |#96  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That second phone works fine on either battery. Thanks for the input.
10th May 2016, 09:14 PM |#97  
madbat99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 876
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslavik

That second phone works fine on either battery. Thanks for the input.

If you can flash twrp onto the bad phone. You can try making a full nandroid backup on the good phone and restoring it on the bad one.
10th May 2016, 09:33 PM |#98  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
>If you can flash twrp onto the bad phone.

That's the problem, Odin can't flash anything, it dies as described above.
12th May 2016, 12:49 PM |#99  
madbat99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 876
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslavik

>If you can flash twrp onto the bad phone.

That's the problem, Odin can't flash anything, it dies as described above.

I thought it just failed flashing full firmware. Didn't know you tried a recovery. If recovery fails to flash as well, that sounds like a bad copy of odin or a crappy connection. Maybe even a bad USB port on the phone.
I see you said you've tried different odins and cords and all.
Plenty of odin versions here
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 03:39 PM |#100  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

I thought it just failed flashing full firmware. Didn't know you tried a recovery. If recovery fails to flash as well, that sounds like a bad copy of odin or a crappy connection. Maybe even a bad USB port on the phone.
I see you said you've tried different odins and cords and all.
Plenty of odin versions here

Yes, I flashed a ROM and TWRP on the other phone no problem. I tried an older version of Odin yesterday and it dies at the same place, but with "No PIT File" (or "missing", not sure which). I'm thinking maybe the PIT file(s) I downloaded don't match the phone, though both said they were for this model. Any idea how to create a PIT from my working phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes