PTT for free !!!! LoudTalks.com

Search This thread

loudtalks

Feb 24, 2009
St Petersburg
loudtalks.com
0.9.0.68 update released 04/30/2010

This is a major update, which adds the feature, we've been working on for months -- public channels support. You can now not only talk to the people you know but also join public conversations with as many as 100 participants. It's really cool and fun!

You can join channel Lobby to test the feature. Use Menu > Add a channel..., enter 'Lobby' and tap Next.

Other recently added features:

- Improved algorithm for hotkeys assignment (should handle all keys now)
- Improved sound capture
- Added animated status while connecting a call
- Correctly handle screen orientation changes
- Fixed sound capture on some HTC- and Samsung- made devices (particularly Hermes and Omnia)
- Added connection quality indicator
- When you submit a report about the problem a copy of it is saved to ‘My Documents’ folder
- Added option to bring the app to the foreground, when transmitting a message (useful when using a global hotkey)
- Added option to bring the app to the foreground, when receiving a message
- Added more audio-related information to diagnostic log
- Added Italian and Chinese localizations

Don't forget you can use Loudtalks on your PC as well (download PC version from http://loudtalks.com/download/)

Attachments

• LoudtalksMobile.68.cab
    3 MB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
This looks like a good program. I have an AT&T Tilt2 running AthineOS. It has a PTT button but I can't get it to work. I've installed the Tilt2 keyboard map AND the Rhodium keyboard remapper. No matter how I set(or unset) the PTT button will not work. When I enter the options and hit the 'set' button to set the button, it recognizes the keypress as 0xED. Upon further testing, it appears that no matter what button I set for the PTT function, none activate it.

Do I have to do anything else besides setting the key?

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
This program is awesome.

there's about 4-5 xda people in the lobby channel right now.

Joining the lobby takes about 1-2 minutes, I thought the program was frozen, but just let it run and it will work. Tried it on 2 phones.

loudtalks

Feb 24, 2009
St Petersburg
loudtalks.com
[BUG] Disabled PTT button for channels with 10+ users

Hey, guys

Looks like there is a bug in that release -- as soon as the number of online users in any channel exceeds 10 the PTT button gets disabled for anyone.

Will fix and update today.

rkiechle

Dec 28, 2007
Chicago
I am running the 68 version...

Only a couple of problems so far but it seems to work well..

#1, can not assign PTT button on TP2 (Tilt2) I gave up after 10 minutes of waiting...

#2, it seems to stop some other buttons from working (phone hard key, and so on)

#3, wow does it shorten battery life.. but i can understand that on 3G (have not tried it on WiFi)

Mondea

Sep 15, 2009
Beirut
Hey!! I am a newbie to this kind of app!!
iv heard a lot abt PPT but i dont know where and why it is used!!
what is the point of using this app?? :confused::eek:
sorry for my ignorance but can someone tell me what is it?? 10x

loudtalks

Feb 24, 2009
St Petersburg
loudtalks.com
#1 When you see the wait wheel, you should press the desired hotkey. Please let me know if it doesn't work
#2 It will, while it waits for assignment but should release after you done

Important information for all new users:

It does affect battery life and the impact is very noticeable because: 1. It prevents CPU from sleep and 2. It keeps data connection active all the time to keep you online.

So if you away from the power outlet always exit the application, when not used. The normal run time on full charge with the app in the background is about 8 hours.

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
delete account

hi is it possible to delete an account you created on your win mobile and doesnt need anymore from the login list?

is it possible to force speaker output with headset plugged in?

loudtalks

Feb 24, 2009
St Petersburg
loudtalks.com
hi is it possible to delete an account you created on your win mobile and doesnt need anymore from the login list?

is it possible to force speaker output with headset plugged in?

The only way to edit the logins list is to edit in the configuration file directly, which is stored under \Application Data\Loudtalks\Loudtalks.config. Be sure to exit the app first or it will overwrite the settings.

You can't redirect sound output in the app. I don't think there is even API for this in WM (please correct me if I'm wrong)

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
Love the app.

After using it a bit last night, I'd like to suggest a couple things.

1) Ability to see all members currently in a channel

2) Ability to see who is currently speaking in a channel.

I know you can always go back and check the history to see who spoke, but that's after the fact.

3) Option to export sound bytes from history.

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
#1 When you see the wait wheel, you should press the desired hotkey. Please let me know if it doesn't work
#2 It will, while it waits for assignment but should release after you done

It does this and the wheel disappears when the button is pressed, and shows the scancode for the key pressed. The program simply does not pick up on the button press AFTER it is assigned. I can reassign it over and over, but when I go to use it for speech, it fails to detect it being pressed.