Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] "SIM card removed" error DRIVING ME CRAZY

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2015, 02:29 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it can't be software problem, I have tried with several official and non official roms, several basebands and kernels, it's not a software problem, at least for me. I've been error free since I posted in here, and the other day I opened it up to put a new battery because the old one was 2 years old and I left the piece of plastic out. Didn't even put the cover of the phone back, just powered it, and the error started again, then put the plastic on and it stopped, also I noticed that when I pressed on the area it would go down a bit, maybe the fact that I have a TPU cover applying pressure on top of the usual s4 cover helps, I don't know, all I know is that it solved it.

16th October 2015, 08:12 PM |#32  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6,130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclfdz

it can't be software problem, I have tried with several official and non official roms, several basebands and kernels, it's not a software problem, at least for me. I've been error free since I posted in here, and the other day I opened it up to put a new battery because the old one was 2 years old and I left the piece of plastic out. Didn't even put the cover of the phone back, just powered it, and the error started again, then put the plastic on and it stopped, also I noticed that when I pressed on the area it would go down a bit, maybe the fact that I have a TPU cover applying pressure on top of the usual s4 cover helps, I don't know, all I know is that it solved it.

roms dont replace the bootloader, it may or may not very well be a system error.

## lets try to fix this
id like to try fix this for you guys with the s4, a few volunteers please try the following and report feedback

find someone with the same device without the error and swap simcards, if the other simcard works we can assume its got to do with the simcard settings(contacts, saved messages, settings, etc) that will narrow it down to a internal system error(could be hardware, could be software) - noone can fix this besides samsumg due to no sourcecode.
try flashing a new modem via odin if it works we can narror it down to a modem error(software) - again noone can fix this besides samsumg due to no sourcecode.
try flashing your stock odin firmware via odin if it works we can narror it down to a system error(software) - once again noone can fix this besides samsumg due to no sourcecode.
flash a new rom and if it works we can narrow it down to a version or rom error(software) - fixed by simply flashing a new rom if you havent gathered now

thats all i can help you guys with, if none of the above work contact samsung as i would be claiming warranty
16th October 2015, 10:33 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have also replaced bootloader, I had to do a lot of stuff in order to unlock this phone and it happened in all the roms I used, with several bootloaders.

I have done everything software related and it isn't, when I only managed to avoid the error was by doing the piece of plastic thing, the effect is immediate, and it proves that it's not software related.
21st October 2015, 06:23 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclfdz

I have also replaced bootloader, I had to do a lot of stuff in order to unlock this phone and it happened in all the roms I used, with several bootloaders.

I have done everything software related and it isn't, when I only managed to avoid the error was by doing the piece of plastic thing, the effect is immediate, and it proves that it's not software related.

I suggest software because in my case it started the day they pushed NJ5 to me. I have rooted and uninstalled or disabled a good many apps and it seems to be an issue when It's trying to download something. I have gone 2 weeks at a time with no issues. I want to go back to NJ4 and see it it goes away, I just need to do so. I'm assuming I'll lose root when I do so.
30th October 2015, 09:35 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I started receiving this SIM Card removed pop-ups ever since I flashed a stock OS and switched to CM12. While I switched to another ROM to see if it would fix the problem, it didn't. I am personally convinced that this is not a hardware issue in my case, because:

1), Doesn't matter how much I shake my phone, I don't get the SIM Card removed message (if it was a connector issue, you'd expect a pop-up)

2), Whenever I use my phone, so far I never received the SIM Card removed message. It's always when I put it in stand-by modes (screen off).

In my case, I think I9505XXUHOF2 has something to do with it. The only thing I did thus far is replacing the bootloader and baseband with I9505XXUHOB8 and still receiving the SIM Card removed pop-up. I'll see if I can find something else to replace the BL, PDA, CSC and Baseband.
2nd November 2015, 10:08 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Sorry about the 'double' post, but I wanted to share an update. I've attempted to make a stock installation (bootloader only) and from there, upgraded to CM12. After a day, I received the 'sim card removed' pop-up. So, I've made a different approach. I've installed my GT-I9505 stock - Android 4 (vodafone, nl.. I know, bit outside this section's range) firmware, csc, modem, ETC. And from Android 4.4.x (non-root) i've upgraded officially to 5.0.1 on (LRX22C.)I9505XXUHOF2

It's been 1 and a half day, and I haven't received any SIM Card removed error as of yet on the official build. Now I could be wrong, but thus far it appears to be software related. Maybe? some kind of protection? I don't know.

EDIT!

Afraid regardless of reinstalling EVERYTHING on stock, still received the sim card removed. Shame. Guess I'll send it to samsung for repair.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)