FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] HDXPosed 1.3 : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

941 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,331

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th January 2014, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th July 2015, 04:45 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1,271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montisaquadeis

I have a 16gb Apollo that I have not repartitioned to get more user space. Meaning I am very low on space as it sits with everything on the system.

After remove the broken play services all but a couple of google apps are useable. The broken google apps I don't use such as youtube or google play music.

If that works for you, great! Over time you'll probably find an increasing number of Google apps need the lastest Play Services. Post back if it becomes untenable. I understand the 16GB space constraint which probably rules out multiple roms (Safestrap slots).

16th July 2015, 04:57 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

If that works for you, great! Over time you'll probably find an increasing number of Google apps need the lastest Play Services. Post back if it becomes untenable. I understand the 16GB space constraint which probably rules out multiple roms (Safestrap slots).

Yeah I have yet to run into an app that won't run on on the kindle that doesn't require the play services. ePSXe still has no audio but now my MOGA Pro Power is not working with it but thats fine I can use the emulator via my Note 4 which is a big enough screen for it. Drastic on the phone is a bit of a pain since its a NDS emulator and basically requires Potrait mode on the phone which is a pain since I cant hold the phone in portrait mode using the Controller. While the larger screen on the Tablet helps big time for either landscape or portrait mode. Landscape on the phone for ePSXe works perfectly since its a single 4:3 screen. I can not get the MOGA working on the tablet via Mode A bit it works perfectly via Mode B aka HID mode which is perfect for emulator use.

I have no problem running Firefox on my tablet either which is my prefered browser for both desktop and mobile use. I can always sideload the browser if I have to remove GApps for some odd reason.

Also watching youtube on desktop/laptop is a much better experience for me compared to running it on mobile devices. Don't ask me why because I have no idea why it works better for me.

The apps I really need work fine without the play services installed. Jelly bean has not been a problem in running any of my apps. AKA I have yet to run into an app that will not run on Jellybean/fireOS 3 So I am set when it comes to my required apps for now. Heck even Flash Player works with Firefox perfectly fine for those video sites that require it.
3rd November 2015, 03:51 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Hi !

Here is an useful xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX.

"HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweaks.

It will actually do the following :

• Disable signature check : allow any APK to be installed/replaced
  • DownloadManager fix : allow gmail, chrome and any other download to work
  • Content provider fix : allow play store downloads on stock DownloadManager
  • Wallpaper fix : use a wallpaper on alternates home screen
  • Prevent Amazon OTA updates

Installation :
  • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
  • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file below
  • Launch the "Xposed" application
  • Go to framework and click install
  • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
  • Reboot

Source code :
Of course you can use and redistribute in any ways. Sources will follow.

Am I blind or the gapps download isn't included here? I'm rooted on 4.5.2 with xposed etc... twrp isn't a must for me, just playstore
3rd November 2015, 04:15 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 1,271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovers82517

Am I blind or the gapps download isn't included here? I'm rooted on 4.5.2 with xposed etc... twrp isn't a must for me, just playstore

This module is obsolete; also would not work on 4.5.2. Nor will native TWRP as the bootloader remains locked with no available path to unlock. Best option is to install Safestrap v4 (a psudo twrp emulator) followed by the HDX Safestrap (not generic) versions for Nexus v4 or CM11. These get flashed to the stock slot overwriting FireOS. Recommend not attempting to create/populate secondary slots due to unresolved issues. Be sure to backup the stock slot from within Safestrap before overwriting stock. Leave a copy on device until the new rom is confirmed working as there is no way to externally connect to Safestrap. Everything you need must be placed on the device prior to entering SS recovery. You will find suitable gapps packages in the rom OPs. Follow instructions carefully to insure favorable outcomes. Caution: Never preform a native (Amazon) factory reset once Safestrap is installed as your device will brick with no ability to recover. Ask further questions as needed.

All the information you need is in the HDX development forum.

Edit: Cramming gapps in FireOS is a poor option as Amazon and Google frameworks do not happily coexist. You'll see threads suggesting this is possible...and it is. But problems await, especially when one or the other updates which increasingly common on the Google side as apps depend on more recent versions of Google Play Services. If you go this route you'll want to block auto-updates. Or just save yourself the hassle and install a different rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)