24th September 2015, 06:46 PM |#3591  
OP Senior Member
Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 1,666

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by errikosd

Opened a new thread. You can find updates about my custom builds here.

Cheers.

I just realized you had pm'd me about this. Sorry, I haven't been on xda much lately. Thanks for opening the thread. I haven't had time to build for g3, g2 and lgog. Hopefully, official builds aren't too far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDwarf

@arcardinal : Currently can't compile SlimLP due to a problem with file_contexts.

It stops at: .../out/target/product/d802/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediats/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/rgb ...
Error loading context file and so on.

I guess it is due to this change: https://review.slimroms.org/#/c/8957.../file_contexts

Removing the line (regarding the graphics device fb0/rgb) in "device/lge/g2-common/sepolicy/file_contexts" seems to fix the problem.

I'm hoping to push the changes through gerrit tonight. I have to make the same change for g3 as well. Also, I think I'm done with lg. I will still maintain the current devices, I'm not dropping support. But, I don't plan on buying any new lg devices (outside of nexus) anytime soon. I just picked up a moto x pure and will be helping gmillz get slim on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcardinal For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th September 2015, 08:04 PM |#3592  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcardinal

I'm hoping to push the changes through gerrit tonight. I have to make the same change for g3 as well. Also, I think I'm done with lg. I will still maintain the current devices, I'm not dropping support. But, I don't plan on buying any new lg devices (outside of nexus) anytime soon. I just picked up a moto x pure and will be helping gmillz get slim on it.

Oh, have you had any bad experience with LG lately? Sounds pretty devastating although you also state that the support is not completely dropped. That's good news nevertheless I guess

And congratulations to the new device
24th September 2015, 08:31 PM |#3593  
OP Senior Member
Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by errikosd

Opened a new thread. You can find updates about my custom builds here.

Cheers.

Quote:

@arcardinal : Currently can't compile SlimLP due to a problem with file_contexts.

It stops at: .../out/target/product/d802/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediats/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/rgb ...
Error loading context file and so on.

I guess it is due to this change: https://review.slimroms.org/#/c/8957.../file_contexts

Removing the line (regarding the graphics device fb0/rgb) in "device/lge/g2-common/sepolicy/file_contexts" seems to fix the problem.

Quote:

Oh, have you had any bad experience with LG lately? Sounds pretty devastating although you also state that the support is not completely dropped. That's good news nevertheless I guess

And congratulations to the new device

Mainly just the bootloader being locked on the g4, and I didn't really like the g3. It lags like crazy and has really bad battery life.
24th September 2015, 10:07 PM |#3594  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcardinal

Mainly just the bootloader being locked on the g4, and I didn't really like the g3. It lags like crazy and has really bad battery life.

Yeah that's true. Best device from LG was the G2 imo. GPS is probably not the best, but with SlimLP pretty much usable at any rate and ofc the design of the G2 is not the prettiest, but the tightest

I expect that LG releases the Optimus 2x 2 in 2-3 years

Anyway, thank you for your work and that you keep our devices alive.
24th September 2015, 11:28 PM |#3595  
OP Senior Member
Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah that's true. Best device from LG was the G2 imo. GPS is probably not the best, but with SlimLP pretty much usable at any rate and ofc the design of the G2 is not the prettiest, but the tightest

I expect that LG releases the Optimus 2x 2 in 2-3 years

Anyway, thank you for your work and that you keep our devices alive.

The g2 is my favorite phone I've ever had. Unfortunately mine has some dead pixels on the screen and it drives me crazy to look at it. I've been contemplating buying a replacement screen for it, but I did that last year and got 3 defective screens. I ended up bricking the device on purpose and got a warranty replacement from at&t.

The g2 will be supported as long as it is possible. Just like I've done with the lgog. I still use all my old devices for testing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcardinal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2015, 10:40 AM |#3596  
Flag Khok Kloi, Phang Nga
Thanks Meter: 111

More
@arcardinal Do you have plan to replace Faux to Franco Sound or not ?
Because it seems not working since have it until now.
30th October 2015, 06:32 AM |#3597  

More
@arcardinal: I synced and compiled the latest 0.10 beta builds and it seems that these are not booting (tested with 3 different modems). I will make a logcat when I got time
31st October 2015, 09:56 PM |#3598  
OP Senior Member
Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@arcardinal: I synced and compiled the latest 0.10 beta builds and it seems that these are not booting (tested with 3 different modems). I will make a logcat when I got time

There are a lot of commits on gerrit that have not been merged yet.
4th November 2015, 02:30 PM |#3599  

More
@arcardinal: This might have been a problem with the Slim core (device independent) anyway, but I just reported it here for now, because I don't know . After the latest commits I will test again. And yeah I know that your commits are still not merged. Kinda weird, but I will test your commits as well, if I can.

Till your commits are tested I won't produce a Logcat, if the problem persists with new Slim version (because it might be an error that is already fixed by you ).

Anyway, thank you for your work
4th November 2015, 07:03 PM |#3600  

More
@arcardinal: Ok, I tested it with your unmerged commits and it boots fine Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)