Need help finding a full-duplex bluetooth dongle for use with S4

4,048 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,182
By CZ Eddie, Senior Member on 5th January 2014, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th March 2014, 07:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0
Full Duplex Bluetooth
[QUOTE=CZ Eddie;49134336]I'm probalby using the wrong words to google it? But I want a Bluetooth adapter that is capable of both 'receive' and 'transmit' at the same time. Or full-duplex.
I'd prefer it be an APT-X, but anything small with good battery life will do.

Why? Well, for a DIY project where I'll be using something like what you see in the pic below, to listen to my phone and make calls.

Have you found a solution for this? I have been looking for some time for a similar DIY project. I have found one product from overseas and one in the US. The product overseas is about $270 with shipping and because it is overseas they won't accept returns. The one in the US has a PTT (Push to Talk) button that I would have to try and get around it.

I also found a device that allow you to either transmit or receive but that only gives you a simplex transmission from a headset. You can either talk to the person or listen to them, not both. I have a MultiPoint headset but that requires which device you want to be paired with.

If you already found something, I would love to hear about it.
21st April 2014, 09:52 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 9
Same question here, want to make a headset wireless with bluetooth
26th January 2015, 04:23 PM |#13  
I have a similar question.

I need a Bluetooth adapter (transceiver?) that supports simultaneous use of mono earphone and microphone. This is surprisingly difficult to find.

It doesn't matter if the earphone and microphone are on the same line. It would be cool if each had a separate 3.5 mm jack, but I think such a Bluetooth adapter does not exist.

As CZ Eddie indicated, there are units with the microphone built into the adapter itself, but I would like to keep the adapter discreet (e.g. not clipped to my shirt). Hence the need for a separate mic line.

The closest I've found is the Blue-Wi Nighthawk ( The primary mic is on the unit itself, but an external mic can be added through the 3.5 jack as part of their "Connect & Go" system ( What's not clear to me is if that jack can be used simultaneously for both earphone and mic.

PrymeBlu ( looks like a very similar system to Nighthawk.

I'm really surprised this is so hard to find. It looks like 99% of wearable Bluetooth adapters are designed for output only.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!
17th July 2015, 11:14 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 35
Yes, I know that his is an old thread, but I need exactly what the HTC BH S600 has. A way to use an external mic for a bluetooth headset. I want to use a directional mic of my choosing for my in car use of bluetooth headset.

I have looked for many hours now, and bought many devices, just to see if they have this function.

I have not seen anywhere that this device is sold anymore on the web.
If anyone finds another device with the same external mic function, please let us know.

20th July 2015, 06:36 AM |#15  
Yes, me too. I'm still interested in finding the ideal Bluetooth mic.
5th November 2015, 01:25 PM |#16  
I'm looking for a simmilar device but on the other end of the bluetooth connection. I would like to connect bluetooth headphones with microphone to it and get wired input and output out of it. I'm looking for such a device for month now Please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread