FORUMS

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1/NE1] TW 4.4 and 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (7-10-14)

1,663 posts
Thanks Meter: 874

By BadUsername, Recognized Contributor on 7th February 2014, 05:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd December 2014, 11:30 PM |#111  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmaltzy

I'm in the same situation with my wife's phone. I rooted it and put CleanROM on there back in May so it's on the old 4.3. I don't have the S3 anymore so I haven't followed along. However, from what I understand, I should be able to leave her phone the way it is and just flash 4.4 from the download link? Do I flash it or ODIN? Will it wipe data or storage or anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You use Odin.

It'll completely wipe everything, it's a factory stock image.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

5th December 2014, 03:38 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

You use Odin.

It'll completely wipe everything, it's a factory stock image.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have another download link other than the one from Samsung? It is VERY slow. ETA on 4.4 is 9 hours!

EDIT - Never mind. There is this new thing called GOOGLE that, when you type in the right words, you can find other downloads!
Last edited by schmaltzy; 5th December 2014 at 04:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to schmaltzy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2015, 10:30 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
For folks stuck in 4.3 using safestrap could they use flashfire to flash a lollipop ROM since it doesn't user recovery or bootloader
21st July 2015, 11:57 PM |#114  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpowell

For folks stuck in 4.3 using safestrap could they use flashfire to flash a lollipop ROM since it doesn't user recovery or bootloader

No, a lollipop rom simply won't boot from a 4.3 bootloader, there's no way to simply bypass it.

The phone will boot, hit the aboot checkpoint, it'll see the lollipop rom loaded, and it'll abort the boot sequence.
Last edited by BadUsername; 23rd July 2015 at 08:57 PM.
1st September 2015, 09:13 PM |#115  
Flag Morrisville
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Verizon galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) - Boot loop
Hi,

I have a Verizon galaxy S3 ( SCH-I535) running android 4.4 NE1 firmware.

Recently it went to a boot loop. On power on, it will boot upto colourful SAMSUNG name and reboot from there.

I can go to Download or Recovery mode. Tried factory reset and wipe cache multiple times.
I have also flashed latest NE1 (from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2795659)
using Odin + factory reset. That also didn't help.

I tried Software repair Assistance. But it doesn't recognize the phone when connected to computer.

I took it to Best-buy Samsung experience centre and they flashed the image. Same behaviour.

Anyone seen same problem before? Any suggestions on what I can do next?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
6th November 2015, 08:42 AM |#116  
Flag Ténès
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi
I have a Samsung S3 4G Lte Verizon with a 4.4.2 release and I would like to root it and flash a recent release like 5.1.1 or another.
So if you could show me a step by step method to achieve my goal it would be so nice oy you.
I'm afraid to break up my phone doin' somethin' wrong as I'm a nubie.

Thanks for all
6th November 2015, 10:08 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 551

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom2015

I have a Samsung S3 4G Lte Verizon with a 4.4.2 release and I would like to root it and flash a recent release like 5.1.1 or another.
So if you could show me a step by step method to achieve my goal it would be so nice oy you.
I'm afraid to break up my phone doin' somethin' wrong as I'm a nubie.

Thanks for all

Unfortunately you can not achieve that goal. With the official 4.4.2 release the bootloader was locked. This means you can not install a true custom recovery, change kernels, and there are only three roms available at the moment. The ROMs are the stock 4.4.2 (what you have), PaulPizz's ROM, and SuperLiteROM. The dev for SLM is currently on the brink of posting a new release - v5, but I think it is still 4.4.2 based. It is wishful thinking to expect VZW to release a 5.x.x official ROM for this device. Such a release is needed for us to get anything past what we have.

I have SuperLiteROM v3 on my i535, but I'm not using it as a phone. I picked it up in May to expand my customizing skills, not knowing beforehand that it was locked down. I used Towelroot to obtain root. I then installed busybox to enable me to install the Unofficial Safestrap Recovery. Links to both can be found in the OP of this thread. Only after those two steps did I flash SLM onto slot 1 of Safestrap. You can find a link to SLM in the signature of the originator of the SafeStrap thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)