Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[PORT][3.22.x EBI1/32A]Cyanogenmod 5.0.8/6.1.0 DS EBI1/32A Port [December 8]

OP bcrook

2nd May 2010, 06:34 PM   |  #911  
Flag Richmond, BC
Thanks Meter: 66

580 posts
More
I have the same issue. people at the original g1 thread suggest we do a bart backup instead of nandroid. i will try it later
Quote:

Hi, I have a Rogers Magic, old radio, AmonRA Saphhire recovery 1.6.2H, and just went to CM 5.0.7 with Bcrook's port.

Anybody having trouble with Nandroid after the update? Mine keeps quitting part way through (nandroid+ext backup). I finally got it to "finish", or appear to be finish after I wiped the dalvik cache and fixed uid mismatches, but it made a nandroid backup that was equal in size to the empty space on my SD card. Basically it made a 2.7GB backup that filled the card. I imagine it didn't actually finish the backup, but had an internal error and just kept writing to the card till it was full.

Maybe this has something to do with the new APP2SD or the 192vs288 memory reporting?

Everything in CM5.0.7 works perfect. Just odd that it would affect recovery somehow?

Edit/Delete Message

2nd May 2010, 08:15 PM   |  #912  
Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 0

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma678

I have the same issue. people at the original g1 thread suggest we do a bart backup instead of nandroid. i will try it later

Oh man am I glad I'm not the only one. I thought there was something wrong with my SD card. Anyway, thanks, will do!

PS, the nandroid without ext works. Does BART backup the ext?
2nd May 2010, 09:01 PM   |  #913  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6

895 posts
More
Re: [PORT][3.22.x EBI1/32A]Cyanogenmod 4.2.15.1/5.0.7DS EBI1/32A Port [May 1]
I think koush is working on some enhancements to Clockworkmod for the d/s devices. You might want to try that recovery to see if the issue is resolved. Also, keep in mind that the apps2sd method changed so who knows what broke.
3rd May 2010, 01:33 AM   |  #914  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

895 posts
More
I have written (mostly copied) a new guide on how to make a kernel port for CM5. It is here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...l_port_for_CM5

Please let me know (or make changes) if anything is wonky
3rd May 2010, 06:05 PM   |  #915  
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
More
Help, I have a problem :( after updating to 5.0.7, On boot I get a Google Partner Setup Force Close. If I try to open Gmail it force closes, Market and Talk open to a white screen for a sec and then disappear, and Calendar doesn't do anything. Other non-google-account programs work fine. Also, in setting-Accounts and Sync there is no Google account listed and no option to add one. I've researched and others do have the same issue but no workable solutions.

Another strange thing is on every boot just before the lock screen shows up, the phone rings once. Does anyone else have this problem?

Steps I have taken to try to solve:
-Re-downloaded all three files from the http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...ream/Sapphire page.
-wipe Delvik-Cache
-Re-Flash all three files in order (update-cm, gapps, bc-5.0.7)
-ran Fix package uid mismatches from recovery and ran fix_permissions from terminal (both are same thing I think but did both anyways)
-Tried to do settings->applications->manage applications; menu->filter->all; scroll to 'Google Apps', tap clear data, but there was no "Google Apps" program even after filter-All.
-rebooted multiple times still no joy.

I am using Apps2sd. I would prefer not to have to wipe. Anybody have any suggestions?
Last edited by seivad17; 3rd May 2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: to update steps I have tried to solve
3rd May 2010, 11:38 PM   |  #916  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 27

1,509 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seivad17

Help, I have a problem :( after updating to 5.0.7, On boot I get a Google Partner Setup Force Close. If I try to open Gmail it force closes, Market and Talk open to a white screen for a sec and then disappear, and Calendar doesn't do anything. Other non-google-account programs work fine. Also, in setting-Accounts and Sync there is no Google account listed and no option to add one. I've researched and others do have the same issue but no workable solutions.

Another strange thing is on every boot just before the lock screen shows up, the phone rings once. Does anyone else have this problem?

-Re-downloaded all three files from the http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...ream/Sapphire page.
-wipe Delvik-Cache
-ran Fix package uid mismatches from recovery and ran fix_permissions from terminal (both are same thing I think but did both anyways)
-Tried to do settings->applications->manage applications; menu->filter->all; scroll to 'Google Apps', tap clear data, but there was no "Google Apps" program even after filter-All.

I am using Apps2sd. I would prefer not to have to wipe. Anybody have any suggestions?

There's a new kernel that bcrook made:

http://tinyurl.com/266f62r

Maybe it will help.
4th May 2010, 04:20 AM   |  #917  
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 183

440 posts
Donate to Me
More
New Port? test2? Tried the link Cyanogen posted on his forum but just downloads the ROM..

Thanks
4th May 2010, 07:00 AM   |  #918  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

895 posts
More
Sorry for the craziness with the ports tonight. I was not paying attention I guess.
http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-port..._R2-signed.zip

All new ports will be based on Koush's Universal update.zip. This lets you flash just a kernel and matching libs to a phone without the need for a ramdisk. Basically, it takes the ramdisk currently installed and repacks with it the new kernel.

What this means is that the port packages provided from now on will port ANY ROM from 32B --> 32A/EBI1. No need to unpack boot.imgs and edit
4th May 2010, 07:03 AM   |  #919  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 11

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seivad17

-wipe Delvik-Cache

I was getting force closes on some apps right after flashing too. I just wiped everything, reflashed and its fine now. Download titanium backup from the market to backup your apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLIGN

New Port? test2? Tried the link Cyanogen posted on his forum but just downloads the ROM..

Thanks

http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/
4th May 2010, 07:24 AM   |  #920  
Thanks Meter: 80

917 posts
Thanks bcrook! You're the man

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
32a, cyanogen, ebi1, magic, port
Previous Thread Next Thread