restore tf101 to stock rom and recovery

Search This thread

doublehp

Jul 14, 2009
I have been wondering for three days if I shall install naked drivers first, and if they could help Windows discovering the tablet; if they did any special trick to the USB root so that those drivers would be required to get the tablet on the bus.

But after re-re-re-reading the procedure, no:

Open the Device Manager (Control Panel - System - Device Manager) and right click on the Other Devices - APX and choose Update Driver

This means, Windows will first try to install the tablet, fail, and list the device as unknown. Then you update the driver. This means, in APX mode, the tablet should appear as a legacy USB device in client mode. And Linux should be able to see it.

So, the fact Linux can not see the tablet in recovery mode means ... my recovery is also broken.

Who want to buy my brick ?

bittumadala

Jul 12, 2016
Hi to every one my tf101 battery became emptied during installation of a custom ROM and when I turn on it is stuck in the Asus tittle screen and if I do clear every thing it is being stuck in the ROM manger recovery menu and nothing is happening I need ur help if u want me to keep an picture ask me I will keep and contact me on Facebook : Trinath Madala

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do I restore my tf101 (b80) to stock rom and recovery? I found one thread, but it said it didn't work with ones b70 or higher.

I currently have CWM recovery and Cynogenmod 10 if that makes any difference

Go to Asus website, download the latest firmware.
    Extract the zip file from within, flash in recovery (clear data, cache and dalvik cache first)
    After it's done, reboot and you'll be stock ROM, unroot, w/ stock recovery.
    I'm getting

Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/blob", "staging")
    E:Error in /sdcard/US_epad-user-9.2.1.27.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted

I'm going from Megatron ICS

Iam getting exactly the same error, does anyone knows how to fix this?
    I do remember rolling back to stock by simply flashing the zip provided by asus, but after the RMA Iam getting this error.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

the only way I can think of is using this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622628 just copy the blob file and do the adb magic trick, but I find it kinda risky.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

So I managed to "fix" this (I had no idea what I was doing):

1. flash old roach 3.2.0.1 recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213723 (link at the very bottom of first post)
    2. place a zip file from ASUS (one that contains a blob file) on sdcard root and name it "update.zip"
    3. in roach recovery wipe cache/data/dalvik and select apply update from /sdcard/update.zip
    4. tada

hope this is gonna work for you as well
    How do I restore my tf101 (b80) to stock rom and recovery? I found one thread, but it said it didn't work with ones b70 or higher.

I currently have CWM recovery and Cynogenmod 10 if that makes any difference

use this tool, it shld work http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688012