FORUMS

[Q] Double Tap To Wake While On A Table

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd May 2014, 10:55 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
The M8 double-tap to wake requires you to pick up the phone. The double-tap motion is not enough. If you double tap it while flat on a table it may work but usually it does not or very inconsistent.. Lift it and it will always work.

25th October 2015, 04:42 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What's happening is when you move or pick up the phone the proximity sensor is activated, allowing the double-tap function to work, but after a few seconds of leaving it on the table, the sensor will shut off until it is disturbed again.
28th October 2015, 07:31 AM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,625

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orch4rd

What's happening is when you move or pick up the phone the proximity sensor is activated, allowing the double-tap function to work, but after a few seconds of leaving it on the table, the sensor will shut off until it is disturbed again.

Not quite. Pick it up upside down and tap - nothing will happen. Double tap to wake works only right side up in portrait - which makes a lot of Sense.
You don't want anything to wake it when it's upside down in your pocket, right?
28th October 2015, 07:38 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Not quite. Pick it up upside down and tap - nothing will happen. Double tap to wake works only right side up in portrait - which makes a lot of Sense.

Interesting!
Actually I notice what's also keeping the double-tap function to work is the light senor, regardless the phone's position.
The sensor is located left of the front camera; try covering it up and see if you can double-tap to wake your phone
28th October 2015, 07:47 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orch4rd

Interesting!
Actually I notice what's also keeping the double-tap function to work is the light senor, regardless the phone's position.
The sensor is located left of the front camera; try covering it up and see if you can double-tap to wake your phone

Just tried it: Yes I can
30th October 2015, 01:00 AM |#16  

More
No.. You definitely can't. Either you're not covering the sensor or you're not using a Verizon m8.
30th October 2015, 03:03 AM |#17  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 12,041

Donate to Me
More
Confirmed.. Cover sensor, DT2W doesn't work.
8th November 2015, 12:06 AM |#18  
Flag GMT -5
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Hey how are things ?
No idea if supported on this device but wouldn't Swipe to Wake (Up) be better solution to Double Tap?
PS Need you over on Nexus 6P.
8th November 2015, 01:09 AM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born<ICs

Hey how are things ?
No idea if supported on this device but wouldn't Swipe to Wake (Up) be better solution to Double Tap?
PS Need you over on Nexus 6P.

Hey there. Long time no see. Wish i could afford the 6P... And i love the M8. Should be good for another year.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)