Thanks Meter: 333

By Xperia-Ray, Senior Member on 10th April 2014, 09:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th June 2015, 09:40 AM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
ghost touch
Hello!

A friend of mine bought this phone a while back, and it has a strange problem. We call it "ghost touch". It looks like if someone would press the screen at the same place randomly. In his case it is the place on the screen where the "L" key is when the keyboard is visible. He recorded it: https://youtu.be/I1lPtdAQBJw

I have found other people around the internet, suffering from the same (even one where this "ghost touch" happens randomly on the screen, not on the same point).
But unfortunately I couldn't find any solution at all... My friend already sent it back 2 times for repair, they always sent it back with the problem still existing (once they did a factory reset, and once they upgraded the firmware to 4.4.2. )
Does any of you have this problem? Is there a solution for it ?

Thanks in advance!

5th June 2015, 07:47 PM |#462  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've never had this problem nor seen it before. I would suspect something has to be physically defective or damaged for this to be happening. Although if it were doing it this frequently I'd also wonder how the Doogee repair techs could have missed it, unless they simply didn't test for it at all and/or didn't understand the issue.

The only touchscreen issue I've ever personally experienced with a Doogee phone happened to be with the Voyager DG310 model. Put it bluntly, the keypress sense was off. Almost everything you would press was slightly "higher" up on the screen that it was supposed to be. This made typing a lot of fun. I suspected it could have something to with one-handed operational settings, but it never seemed to be fixable by me.
5th June 2015, 09:42 PM |#463  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionAlpha

I've never had this problem nor seen it before. I would suspect something has to be physically defective or damaged for this to be happening. Although if it were doing it this frequently I'd also wonder how the Doogee repair techs could have missed it, unless they simply didn't test for it at all and/or didn't understand the issue.

The only touchscreen issue I've ever personally experienced with a Doogee phone happened to be with the Voyager DG310 model. Put it bluntly, the keypress sense was off. Almost everything you would press was slightly "higher" up on the screen that it was supposed to be. This made typing a lot of fun. I suspected it could have something to with one-handed operational settings, but it never seemed to be fixable by me.

I see. Thank You anyway! I have also seen what you are describing on a tablet, which I messed up by flashing the wrong partition, and the touch screen driver was gone.
In the case of the phone, I also think that is hardware related, because it is very rare. I found only 2-3 people who has this. In case it would be software related, it would be much more frequent. I'm not sure how to fix it though... My friend doesn't want to send it back a third time, and to buy a display for almost the same price as the phone itself is not an option either...
Now that I think of it, maybe I should write an xposed module, that ignores any touch events from that pixel where this damn ghost touches it
11th June 2015, 03:32 PM |#464  
Flag Vracov
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Have anybody tried that "original" 3000 mAh battery?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOOGEE-DG550...item3aa6030645
13th July 2015, 08:56 PM |#465  

More
Does anyone use USB OTG? Is there anything that must be done to set it up? I have never used it, and have my phone in "charge only" mode. The screen/digitizer is broken, and I am hoping (praying) I can just plug a mouse into the phone and get a few things off of it. Or if anyone knows of any other way to use the phone without the touch screen or how to pull data off of the internal storage that would be wonderful.
15th July 2015, 02:52 PM |#466  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac

Does anyone use USB OTG? Is there anything that must be done to set it up? I have never used it, and have my phone in "charge only" mode. The screen/digitizer is broken, and I am hoping (praying) I can just plug a mouse into the phone and get a few things off of it.

To follow up, OTG works without any need to do anything. I was able to plug in a mouse and OTG adapter, and it worked perfectly. I then enabled soft buttons through Gravity Box and was able to navigate the phone pretty easily.

In other news, if anyone needs a parts phone let me know!
15th July 2015, 04:01 PM |#467  
Flag Miami

More
What happened to your phone?
15th July 2015, 04:05 PM |#468  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionAlpha

What happened to your phone?

I managed to break the screen. I am not 100% sure how it happened, but it was in my pants pocket that I was not wearing and enough weight was put on the phone for it to deflect and crack the screen all the way across. A new screen can be had for $39 off of AliExpress, but I do not think it is worth my effort at this point.
12th November 2015, 12:00 AM |#469  
Flag Miami

More
Not a lot happening in Doogee Dagger DG550ville lately, but some nice ROMs have popped up in the past month or so.

Somebody went to work porting various MIUI ROMs. I was pretty reluctant to try them out because I had such bad luck with other ROMs for this phone in the past, and the last official one worked so well for me. But, the internal phone memory got corrupted on me after a while (I had altered the EBR files to get 7GB for apps), reformatting it all was the only thing that fixed it for me, so once my phone was good and wiped I thought I might go ahead and try some of the new ROMs.

So far I've only dropped this one into my phone. I'd never done anything more than look at screenshots for MIUI ROMs before so it was a nice surprise that it functioned well also. I've not run into any bugs yet, apart from the fact that I can't get the phone's region in the Settings panel out of China, it is stuck there and USA isn't even in the list. Still, the network time updates the phone so it knows where I actually am in the world, and this is the only bug I've run into with the phone yet, pretty nice. Not sure if I'll stick with it, but definitely worth looking at if you are still with your DG550.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)