Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

wifi hacking/secure wifi?

13th December 2008, 06:36 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
ps:
besides, hacking WEP is a simpleton's chore , anyone can do it, just ask Albert Segvec Gonzalez.

And the point would be?
Free Internet by sponging off your neighbor is my guess,
well, at least you're going to break the law sitting safely and "Anonymously" in your own house, *har*

Dood, there are free hot spots everywhere, don't be a nudge.
15th December 2008, 01:19 AM   |  #52  
Flag Bay Area, Kali
Thanks Meter: 8

258 posts
More
Obviously some of the posters are missing the point others of us are trying to make...

Yes, WEP is a 15 minute affair with almost any linux live cd, proper tools, and 5 minutes of "googling"... WPA can be broken too...

The point I'm trying to make, is why not have these tools on a PDA for those of us that have LEGITIMATE reasons. Why do I need to haul out the laptop (now I can use my Eee thankfully) to show a business how easy it is to crack WEP? Or to do audits on my own system? The WinMo platform is more than capable, and there is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

I'm not saying have a tutorial for n00bs on how to crack wifi, they can google that themselves... What I am asking is why hasn't anyone used the net framework to make a packetsniffer and collector?
3rd May 2010, 10:37 PM   |  #53  
Flag @scilor.com
Thanks Meter: 19

1,230 posts
Donate to Me
It is also easy if the standard passphrases are set

A tool providing a bunch of it is my SciLor's Wifi Penetrate http://www.scilor.com/wifi-penetrate.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread