Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi hacking/secure wifi?

Tip us?

Chyllaxyn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ps:

besides, hacking WEP is a simpleton's chore , anyone can do it, just ask Albert Segvec Gonzalez.

And the point would be?
Free Internet by sponging off your neighbor is my guess,
well, at least you're going to break the law sitting safely and "Anonymously" in your own house, *har*

Dood, there are free hot spots everywhere, don't be a nudge.

arthurbrownleeiv
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Obviously some of the posters are missing the point others of us are trying to make...

Yes, WEP is a 15 minute affair with almost any linux live cd, proper tools, and 5 minutes of "googling"... WPA can be broken too...

The point I'm trying to make, is why not have these tools on a PDA for those of us that have LEGITIMATE reasons. Why do I need to haul out the laptop (now I can use my Eee thankfully) to show a business how easy it is to crack WEP? Or to do audits on my own system? The WinMo platform is more than capable, and there is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

I'm not saying have a tutorial for n00bs on how to crack wifi, they can google that themselves... What I am asking is why hasn't anyone used the net framework to make a packetsniffer and collector?
Sony Z1
Nexus 5
HTC One
Galaxy Note 2
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation -
Dell Streak 5 (AWS Bands)
HTC G2
TMOUS LEO & Hyperdroid

Asus TF101
Nexus 7
Nexus 10

scilor
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
It is also easy if the standard passphrases are set

A tool providing a bunch of it is my SciLor's Wifi Penetrate http://www.scilor.com/wifi-penetrate.html