Originally Posted by tridium
So I have a nexus 5 and was running the factory 4.4.2 image and these KL files worked great (the moga files). After updating to the new 4.4.3 image the device doesn't seem to load them. Anyone have any ideas? It's almost as though it doesn't know those files were put there, but I copied them over from a directory in the /sdcard with root explorer and updated the permissions just like I did originally.
Only oddities I can think of is that the OTA failed (I rooted but didn't flash the team win bootloader so OTA's could still work, update did work on my wifes rooted nexus 5) for me so I had to download the factory image and flashed the update without the -w flag so that it would keep my user partition.
So after doing some more research it seems that the product code wasn't the same anymore. instead of 0dad it was 6271, so after renaming the vendor specific file to incorporate the correct product code, it worked again for me. I don't know enough about things to know why that would have changed, but before that rename it was just using the Generic.kl as it was before.
I got the code it wanted by adb shelling into the device and running a dumpsys input. One of the lines under the Moga had it's vendor and product code in it.