[Q][L5 II] [E460] Fix touchscreen after bad flash

Search This thread

ptrVoid

Feb 26, 2014
Hello, my friend tried to flash his E460 because his firmware was SIM locked but he used a wrong firmware and now the touchscreen and the 3 buttons on the bottom don't work.
I used LGMobile Support Tool and did an upgrade recovery, but the touchscreen still doesn't work.
Anyone have any solution? Thanks.

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello, my friend tried to flash his E460 because his firmware was SIM locked but he used a wrong firmware and now the touchscreen and the 3 buttons on the bottom don't work.
I used LGMobile Support Tool and did an upgrade recovery, but the touchscreen still doesn't work.

you will be able to use kdz updater in attached link LG-RDTT_1.0.5.4 (needs included windows enabler for this version)
use THIS GUIDE to flash just skip the hosts file editing steps :)

and let us know :D

Attachments

• LG-RDTT_1.0.5.4.zip
    376.8 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: ptrVoid

ptrVoid

Feb 26, 2014
did buttons start working ?

did you flash kernel and/or recovery onto phone before ? <<<---that might have damaged hardware

did you open your phone at any time ?

My friend tried to flash it and he used a wrong firmware for E455 instead of E460.
I don't think he did anything else because it doesn't have a custom recovery installed.
The buttons and touchscreen still don't work.
I think somehow the wrong firmware installed incorrect drivers for the touchscreen or something, but I thought the drivers are stored inside the ROM?

L1DL

Mar 1, 2014
burn it

My friend tried to flash it and he used a wrong firmware for E455 instead of E460.
I don't think he did anything else because it doesn't have a custom recovery installed.
I think somehow the wrong firmware installed incorrect drivers for the touchscreen or something, but I thought the drivers are stored inside the ROM?

You probably need to burn it with 10.000V or sell it and give 5 euros to buy new one. :good:

x-jack

Feb 11, 2014

Hi...
can't flash it again ???

gabrago

Nov 29, 2015
Hello, same situation here,
I compiled LG E460 kernel from LG sources then I flashed into phone (it already had ultraslimrom), then phone did not boot anymore.
I reflashed ultraslimrom and noticed that touch screen was dead.
I have then reflashed various version of stocked rom with "LG flash tool 2014" but situation is the same: touch screen is dead :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you will be able to use kdz updater in attached link LG-RDTT_1.0.5.4 (needs included windows enabler for this version)
    use THIS GUIDE to flash just skip the hosts file editing steps :)

and let us know :D