[Q] Stuck at "Fastboot USB Download Protocol"

Search This thread

same240

Sep 15, 2011
Hi, I'm not yet ready start to flash my TF300TL, but today I try to access bootloader menu (Restart and press hold volume down + ON button).
and i accidentally choose (volume down) and chose the "USB icon" and ENTER (volume up), and now my device keep showing "Fastboot USB Download Protocol".

How to cancel this? If not mistaken, need run one command from PC after plug in the USB cable.
Is that anyway to cancel it without using command from pc?

I really newbie and do not know how to cancel, please guide me step by step, thanks in advance.

IMAG1000.jpg

~oh, problem solved, I use paper clip pin to press the small hole and it reboot normally~ sigh....sweat...

Last edited:
Reactions: ganggreen777

ganggreen777

Oct 28, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi, I'm not yet ready start to flash my TF300TL, but today I try to access bootloader menu (Restart and press hold volume down + ON button).
and i accidentally choose (volume down) and chose the "USB icon" and ENTER (volume up), and now my device keep showing "Fastboot USB Download Protocol".

How to cancel this? If not mistaken, need run one command from PC after plug in the USB cable.

I really newbie and do not know how to cancel, please guide me step by step, thanks in advance.

IMAG1000.jpg

~oh, problem solved, I use paper clip pin to press the small hole and it reboot normally~ sigh....sweat...

I actually at the same point-what to do fro there i am not sure-based on the picture-is it ready to root-or flash the recovery img either from CWM or TWRP??
and if so ......how do I flash the image (or better yet) how do I rename the image and store it where i need to for my rooting process to be finalized...THANKS in advance......

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

BTW thank you SAME240 for posting this question or image-this is where i am at in rooting process....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium

same240

Sep 15, 2011
Well, i'm planning to root for my new unit TF300TL (4G/LTE), until now I still do not understand and how to start it.
Can anyone point me a direction step by step how to root / unlock for my device so that I can flash it with CleanRom?

Really appreciate if got a simple step by step before I can flash it.
and I'm totally do not know what is fastboot, bootloader, CWM and TWRP, anyone can guide me? :cowboy:

If without anything now, can i just download the ROM and flash it directly?
or I need to unlock something or install something before can flash it?

~help~help~

Last edited:

graphdarnell

Jan 25, 2012
I read and see a lot of "fastboot", actually how to type the command?
Type on PC > RUN > CMD? or need software to run on PC then type this command?

You need to install ADB platform tools (search the forum for it) and proper drivers (I used Universal Naked Driver), then follow the directions in this thread. The driver will enable Windows to "see" your device as fastboot, and the platform tools will allow you to issue ADB commands from within its folder. You need to also put your tab in fastboot mode (if you have custom recoveries such as CWM ot TWRP) by going to recovery menu and select the USB icon.

Note: once in cmd admin mode, you must first navigate to the platform-tools folder, wherever it is located. Ex: cd C:\platform-tools\ assuming that your PT folder is in drive C on your PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: same240

same240

Sep 15, 2011
You need to install ADB platform tools (search the forum for it) and proper drivers (I used Universal Naked Driver), then follow the directions in this thread. The driver will enable Windows to "see" your device as fastboot, and the platform tools will allow you to issue ADB commands from within its folder. You need to also put your tab in fastboot mode (if you have custom recoveries such as CWM ot TWRP) by going to recovery menu and select the USB icon.

Note: once in cmd admin mode, you must first navigate to the platform-tools folder, wherever it is located. Ex: cd C:\platform-tools\ assuming that your PT folder is in drive C on your PC.
That's perfect and details guide, thank you very much and appreciate.
Well, i just notice that CleanROM seem like cannot work on my TF300TL, which is 3G/4G/LTE model, once installed, the 3G cannot work anymore. Sigh...:eek:

anyway, thanks for your tips and guide here. :good:

Raymond larsen

Nov 18, 2015
Hi. i have a acer iconia tab A700. try to hard reset it but it says only: Starting fastboot USB download protocol. what to do? have forgot my username and code. have tryed to hard reset as usemanual says.
help please

alan0923

Jan 20, 2023
Hi. i have a acer iconia tab A700. try to hard reset it but it says only: Starting fastboot USB download protocol. what to do? have forgot my username and code. have tryed to hard reset as usemanual says.
help please
Same for me. A700. Adb doesn't reconize the device. please repond if there is help for Raymand and I.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IMAG1000.jpg

I read and see a lot of "fastboot", actually how to type the command?
    Type on PC > RUN > CMD? or need software to run on PC then type this command?