FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2014][Pre-Rooted][Stock]System Version 6.3.3-Original Kindle Fire Only

11,108 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,581
 
By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 24th June 2014, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd September 2015, 07:42 AM |#61  
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Yes there is a new version update-kindle-6.3.4_D01E_4120720.
not yet. I used update-kindle-6.3.4_D01E_4120220

which twrp version?
yes, but I can't remember how.

I was on 2.7.1. I just updated to 2.8.5 and it's still giving me the same problem. I even booted back to the system and checked my build.prop file and it says my product is blaze. After doing some research, it seems as though the problem is with default.prop (though I'm not sure where that is located).
 
 
23rd September 2015, 08:11 AM |#62  
sd_shadow's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 4,581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaforey

I was on 2.7.1. I just updated to 2.8.5 and it's still giving me the same problem. I even booted back to the system and checked my build.prop file and it says my product is blaze. After doing some research, it seems as though the problem is with default.prop (though I'm not sure where that is located).

Use 2.2.2.1 for stock roms
20th November 2015, 05:11 AM |#63  
dja2k's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Haven't used it since I flashed 6.3.4 and now it updated something and lost root. What do I do from here? I think the boot loader looks stock now.
20th November 2015, 05:16 AM |#64  
sd_shadow's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 4,581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k

Haven't used it since I flashed 6.3.4 and now it updated something and lost root. What do I do from here? I think the boot loader looks stock now.

reroot with safestrap.
Amazon keeps pushing minor updates, and I didn't disable updates in either of the prerooted versions
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
20th November 2015, 06:08 AM |#65  
sd_shadow's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 4,581
 
Donate to Me
More
edit saferoot not safestrap

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
11th April 2016, 05:13 PM |#66  
alex_is_the_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Just wondering if I can get root on latest update 6.3.4 can I still unlock BL install twrp and flash a custom ROM? I hate this thing stock!!
11th April 2016, 06:02 PM |#67  
sd_shadow's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 4,581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_is_the_1

Just wondering if I can get root on latest update 6.3.4 can I still unlock BL install twrp and flash a custom ROM? I hate this thing stock!!

bootloader is replaceable on all versions
6.3.3 & 6.3.4 is rootable with SafeRoot or Kingroot

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes