Where is app Gaana downloading music?

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
By king718, Member on 5th May 2014, 03:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd November 2015, 02:04 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0
After few latest updates, the downloads are no more there , they are hidden somewhere in system directory and one need to root phone to reach there,

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk
6th November 2015, 07:39 PM |#62  
Originally Posted by 1791dbest

Guys no need to root the device .... I just connected it to my computer and went to data card rather than internal memory. I found all the songs like in This PC\YU5010\SD card\Android\data\com.gaana\files\.gaana Do reply if anyone gets this.

Yes, got it through your mentioned path.
21st November 2015, 08:12 PM |#63  
On the latest version(s), the app stores the downloaded files to the external SD card (if present - dunno what happens if it isn't present), To get access to the files there, enable viewing of hidden files in your file manager (yes, Show Hidden Files in ES File Explorer), and navigate to the same directory, viz.

External SD Card/Android/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

and you'll find files with random numbers without any metadata (album artist, album covert art). First, you'll have rename the files by appending a .mp3 extension (for example, filename is 123456, then you have to rename it to 123456.mp3). You can automate this using a file renaming software (File Renamer Basic comes to mind). You'll have to individually figure out which file corresponds to which song and add the metadata yourself, or with any third party app (MediaMonkey claims to be able to do that, though it often does a very poor job of it, then there's a slightly better MusicBrainz Picard). I'd suggest you download the songs yourself through some other means instead of going through all this trouble.

In addition, if you want the cover art for the songs, you can check the same location on the internal memory, but the folder filesApp_Images.
Last edited by zeomal; 21st November 2015 at 08:47 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread