[Q] [Brick] ZTE Open, need low level flash (TPT?) instructions

Search This thread

zizo8205

Jun 2, 2010
Found a solution by myself!:victory:
I downloaded the update.zip file from firefox.ztems.com (Update package of Android GB for OPEN device) and installed it.
After that I could flash the CWM recovery. It seems to work... ;)
Which one did you download? KIS or Open? Did you just copy it to SDCard?

Heinz-

Oct 11, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Which one did you download? KIS or Open? Did you just copy it to SDCard?

I downloaded the file for the ZTE Open, copied it to the sd-card and installed it from there. And it worked...

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I think this should work, but no promises: (Link)
Heinz- said:
I downloaded the file for the ZTE Open, copied it to the sd-card and installed it from there.
Now i wanted to upgrade the phone to a newer firmware and now it seems to be totally screwed up. I tried both methods. With the upper method(download mode with "NandDL for firefox" a funny error message shows up that I can not read. And the lower method (that once was successful) shows me this on the phone:
Code:
--Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifying update package ...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
:rolleyes:
The same appears when I try to install the update.zip from the ZTE homepage.
What is wrong now???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

unfortunately I somehow bricked my ZTE Open. I flashed cwm (worked fine) but after flashing both system AND userdata via flash_image, the phone won't boot and what is much worse it won't boot into cwm anymore as it hangs there with just showing the logo and the cwm version. The menus are missing, it does not react buttons and does not show up in adb. FTM mode is also non-functional, holding volup gets you also into broken recovery.

For earlier ZTE devices like the ZTE Blade it seems to be possible to low level flash them in diagnostics mode. Diagnostics mode is working fine on the ZTE Open (it shows up with the diagnostics port on USB. Luckily I also have all the 20 partitions backed up, but I don't know how to flash them in this diagnostics mode. I tried putting the files into the root of the SD card and including sha1/256/512 plus md5sum files, but it was not impressed by that. Not sure if this only works in FTM mode, though.

Any help would be highly appreciated! I highly assume that the procedure is the same as for the ZTE Blade.

tpt files for the zte open

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnj3rja7gd54s98/_twgXEkMFH/P752D04_DEV_EU_20131212_v1.2.7z
    So, I've ordered jtagulator and it showed the pins. Now I need jtag programmer, which one do you guys recommend?

And I am still looking for some great guy to share with me his bootloader of a functional zte open.

on what partition is the bootloader? i have a UK revision 02 one, i would help you out if you tell me how to get the bootloader?