Anything for Archos Gamepad 2 ?

562 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By nex86, Senior Member on 4th March 2014, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2015, 04:02 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansiHusten

Well ok maybe I was too rude. Had a bad day at the office. Took your answer too offensive. Sorry man.

No need to be sorry, I could have just asked you in a kind way instead of making useless debates, I'm sorry too =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansiHusten

I 'just' didnt post a 'how to root' as I needed to look into my archives first on how I did it back years ago, took me some time.

I created and uploaded a package for you (and anyone else interested) to dropbox with all files needed.
here

There are special adb drivers for the tablet, I think they were needed. As I said it has been some time I did it myself but they were necessary I think.
Well and afterwards just run the .exe file. Should root it then. (Kingo Root?)
Anleitung.txt was my translation from the original french tutorial.

Good luck

Thank you for your time, as soon as I get my hands on it (I bought it online, it will take some time once I receive it) I will try it and update the thread with the results.

Maybe, since some years are passed, KingoRoot could make root easier to do; I will try it first and in negative case I will try to follow your suggestions.

I'll keep you posted =)

20th November 2015, 12:20 PM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny993

No need to be sorry, I could have just asked you in a kind way instead of making useless debates, I'm sorry too =)

Thank you for your time, as soon as I get my hands on it (I bought it online, it will take some time once I receive it) I will try it and update the thread with the results.

Maybe, since some years are passed, KingoRoot could make root easier to do; I will try it first and in negative case I will try to follow your suggestions.

I'll keep you posted =)

So, here I am again..
I used latest kingo root apk to root my gamepad 2 and if I try to replace kingoroot with supersu (using the sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh command in terminal emulator) it deleted the kingoroot app and set the superSu app as system app but then when I try to open up SuperSu, it tells me that the su binary are not installed and that it's a problem..

I even tried to root with kingoroot app and installing the superSu app, while opening, it asks me to update Su binary but if I try to do so then the "operation failed" is shown as consequence...

I really need to get rid of Kingoroot and install the SuperSu and su binaries because if not, the foldermount app will keep telling me there is some write error by using it..

I tried searching on the web to find if there is some CWM or TWRP recovery available and I found only the RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip file (here).

Anyone has tested it yet? If I successfully flash the CWM I would be able to flash the superuser through recovery and so to update the su binaries..

The question is: is there any other methods to try before trying to flash a recovery that God only knows if it work or if it bricks my tablet?

I was wondering if I can manually insert those binaries into something /system folder...

Please, any help would be very appreciated!
23rd November 2015, 03:51 PM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny993

So, here I am again..
I used latest kingo root apk to root my gamepad 2 and if I try to replace kingoroot with supersu (using the sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh command in terminal emulator) it deleted the kingoroot app and set the superSu app as system app but then when I try to open up SuperSu, it tells me that the su binary are not installed and that it's a problem..

I even tried to root with kingoroot app and installing the superSu app, while opening, it asks me to update Su binary but if I try to do so then the "operation failed" is shown as consequence...

I really need to get rid of Kingoroot and install the SuperSu and su binaries because if not, the foldermount app will keep telling me there is some write error by using it..

I tried searching on the web to find if there is some CWM or TWRP recovery available and I found only the RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip file (here).

Anyone has tested it yet? If I successfully flash the CWM I would be able to flash the superuser through recovery and so to update the su binaries..

The question is: is there any other methods to try before trying to flash a recovery that God only knows if it work or if it bricks my tablet?

I was wondering if I can manually insert those binaries into something /system folder...

Please, any help would be very appreciated!

fixed by using kingo root PC version; this version is different from the one for android because it installs the SuperSU instead of the kingoroot app.. =)

Any news related Custom roms and Kitkat 4.4.4?
2nd December 2015, 09:05 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Congrats on rooting. I have no info or news about a 4.4.4 ROM or anything newer. This device is 'dead' for devs And I guess Ill sell mine soon. Still, have fun with it
4th August 2016, 05:45 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a question why did this device never got any support from devs? it is a pretty cool device, great for emulators, you can even install the ouya store on it.
Anyway I am hiring a dev for a specific mod for this device, I can pay using paypal please pm if you are interested.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)