White Screen / No Boot Loader

Search This thread

cellycell619

Aug 2, 2008
San Diego
I've used XDA for all of my phones, dash, tp2, HD2 and I appreciate all the help. My son has a Dash and "all of a sudden" (you know how kids are) the screen is only white. It currently has the latest Energy Rom 11/2009 release. I tried manually getting into bootloader mode by taking out the battery, putting it back in then holding down the camera button while I plugged in the usb. The screen stays white but Windows Mobile Device recognizes the phone. I tried flashing Energy Rom again but get error 270, again the phone never goes into bootloader mode the screen stays white. I also tried getting into bootloaded mode by just holding down the camera button and turning the phone on with no luck. I downloaded MyMobiler and can see on my pc screen what I can't see on my son's phone. Using MyMobiler I managed to "Clear Storage" (Hard Reset) but the screen still stays white. Any ideas? I appreciate all your help!

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
I've used XDA for all of my phones, dash, tp2, HD2 and I appreciate all the help. My son has a Dash and "all of a sudden" (you know how kids are) the screen is only white. It currently has the latest Energy Rom 11/2009 release. I tried manually getting into bootloader mode by taking out the battery, putting it back in then holding down the camera button while I plugged in the usb. The screen stays white but Windows Mobile Device recognizes the phone. I tried flashing Energy Rom again but get error 270, again the phone never goes into bootloader mode the screen stays white. I also tried getting into bootloaded mode by just holding down the camera button and turning the phone on with no luck. I downloaded MyMobiler and can see on my pc screen what I can't see on my son's phone. Using MyMobiler I managed to "Clear Storage" (Hard Reset) but the screen still stays white. Any ideas? I appreciate all your help!

Backing Mr. Gmaniac up:
http://www.crackedlcdrepair.com/how-to-replace-the-lcd-screen-on-a-t-mobile-dash/169/

If your screen is white then the lcd cable probably is not seated all the way.

Follow this guide and just reseat your lcd cable instead of replacing the lcd screen.

What about the "crazy" posibility of water damage? Have you checked the sticker on the battery?

Hello Don Clown!!

Last edited:

cellycell619

Aug 2, 2008
San Diego
Backing Mr. Gmaniac up:
http://www.crackedlcdrepair.com/how-to-replace-the-lcd-screen-on-a-t-mobile-dash/169/

If your screen is white then the lcd cable probably is not seated all the way.

Follow this guide and just reseat your lcd cable instead of replacing the lcd screen.

What about the "crazy" posibility of water damage? Have you checked the sticker on the battery?

Hello Don Clown!!

Thanks for your advice guys! Yes I can see the entire phone on MyMobiler, the buttons work and all.

I thought water damage at first but the indicator is still white.

I'll start taking her apart, thanks for the responses.

el_venga

May 17, 2007
if lcd is not broken its most probably the flex ribbon a little loose. i have seen this a lot on this device. be careful with the housing, it can brake easily.